Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

GM / HC Interview Processes -"Hollywood"

January 04, 2017 06:03AM
GMs...
I'm puzzled why the Rams are interviewing HC candidates but not GM candidates. Why no mention of interviews for Ballard (KC) or Ron Wolf's son (Gcool smiley? I realize some high profile candidates like Gruden might demand control over player/personnel but this is no reason to not evaluate the potential GMs and front office football people. The 9ers are interviewing Jimmy Raye from the Colts I believe.

Interview Process...
Does anyone have insight as to how these interviews are structured? I would hope candidates come in with detailed presentations specific to the team detailing what they'd do, who they would intend to hire as a coaching staff, and which units they'd look to emphasize upon. What would they do to enthuse the fan base? Would they be bringing a GM with them? Philosophies for scouting? What is the vision? What is the culture? What happens in year 1, year 2, year 3?
In other words, I believe a "pitch" by the candidate is much more important than questions/answers by Demoff (& Snead?) And how on earth would a candidate like Shanahan or McDaniels be able to prepare and deliver such a presentation while simultaneously occupied with the Falcons and Patriots aspirations for a Superbowl this year?

I know it's very early here in the process but the Rams should be going "Hollywood" here. Thoughts?
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

GM / HC Interview Processes -"Hollywood"

Saban23453January 04, 2017 06:03AM

Re: GM / HC Interview Processes -"Hollywood"

bigjimram21162January 04, 2017 06:06AM

Re: GM / HC Interview Processes -"Hollywood"

Rams43162January 04, 2017 09:47AM