Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rams in disarray, finger pointing, need experienced HC.

January 02, 2017 04:02AM
Because of the situation Fisher has left the Rams in, and because of the high pressure LA media, the collapse of the team when so much more was expected, and the wear of the years of losing on the players, we're reading more and more about blaming and finger pointing among players and the FO. It would be almost abnormal if that didn't happen.

But to hire a first time HC (that is, to promote a OC or DC) to try to reign this mess in and get the ship right? Can't do it. There is too much dysfunction and whoever comes in is going to be stuck with most of the current starting roster. The Rams don't have a 1st round pick, and even though they will have some decent cap space, they can't completely rework the roster in one off season. In other words, they're going to have mostly the same guys they have now. They can't "blow up" the roster and start all over again (not that they necessarily should). Whatever changes will have to come incrementally.

You can't bring a newbie into a situation like this and have him learn along the way. He'll get swamped. The Rams next HC will have to have instant respect from the players, point to his winning background, bring a culture change, have to get to the most out of the guys he has, and deftly bring in some vets to shore up major deficits (like the Oline).

This is going to be an entire new staff. Forget GW sticking around.
Experience is going to be the key here. We don't need interns.

And the new HC needs some street cred in order to attract the kind of staff he needs. Fisher never could get a good OC because everyone knew that Fisher played offense defensively and demanded old fashioned football.

I still say that the right guy is Harbaugh. And I think the Rams need to throw the check book at him to get him.
Forget Payton. He's had one of the best QBs in the league for several years, but the last 3 years have been sub .500. Not good.
I'd rather have Coughlin than Payton, and I don't want Coughlin.

I don't have much hope for this, especially because it looks like Stan is NOT going to hire a football guy to run the football operations. I think Demoff is a good guy and smart guy. But he's not a football guy, he's a business COO.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Rams in disarray, finger pointing, need experienced HC.

RockRam386January 02, 2017 04:02AM