Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rams vs. Cardinals Pool Report

January 01, 2017 06:20PM
Referee Craig Wrolstad

(A question on a couple of calls. One, when the Rams scored an apparent touchdown, anyway, on a direct snap, after the quarterback had moved. What was the call and what was the reasoning on that play)
“The call on that was illegal motion. The quarterback has to, when he walked up to the line of scrimmage, if he gets within a yard of the center, after he goes into motion, he must stop. So, our ruling was, he didn’t get set for a second behind the center and as he went in motion –since he was near the center – he goes in motion, he then has to stop then, and he didn’t stop. He just continued in motion, so we had illegal motion. And that happened long before the play had been snapped.”

(Then, near the end of the first half, I think it was a personal foul on a late hit. It appeared on the replay that that player, 22, was pushed by an Arizona player. Let me just say this, can you explain your reasoning on that call)
“My side guy, saw the play. He saw the guy run toward the sideline, and when the guy was well out of bounds, he had him hitting him out of bounds.”

(Does the push by the Arizona player figure into that at all, in terms of maybe his momentum carried him into that player)
“If his momentum carried him into him, I’m sure it would. But, if it was a second act where he was able to regain his feet and hit him unnecessarily then I guess that’s the reason why he would be called. We didn’t discuss the push because he didn’t have a penalty for that. We discussed the hit that was well out of bounds.”
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Blue and Gold433January 01, 2017 06:20PM

Rams Interim Head Coach John Fassel – Postgame – January 1, 2017

Blue and Gold312January 01, 2017 06:20PM