Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Defensive coordinator Gregg Williams open to possibility of staying with Rams

December 30, 2016 08:00PM
By Jack Wang

THOUSAND OAKS >> The Rams will most likely enter next season with an entirely new coaching staff. But if the team’s new head coach wants to keep a few current assistants, at least one is willing to listen.

When asked Friday about a possible offer, defensive coordinator Gregg Williams said he’d be open to the idea of remaining in Los Angeles.

“I love coaching,” he said. “I don’t have hobbies. I’m happiest at practice, I’m happiest in games. The coaches and players get fed up with me in the meetings, so we like to get out here. But, yeah, sure. I’m going to coach for as long as I can.”

But the 58-year-old also didn’t sound like a man who expects to stick around. After his post-practice press conference at Cal Lutheran, he thanked the ring of reporters in front of him, and said, “Our paths may cross again one of these days.”

Williams is four years removed from his Bountygate suspension, one that left him out of the league until Jeff Fisher — who was fired earlier this month — brought him back to the Rams in 2014. Whether or not that scandal affects his future employment prospects is uncertain.

Read Complete Article
[www.redlandsdailyfacts.com]
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

RamBill634December 30, 2016 08:00PM

Overrated, good bye

GreatRamNTheSky329December 30, 2016 09:31PM

Re: Overrated, good bye

BobCarl413December 31, 2016 02:10AM

not a big williams fan but .....

joram330December 31, 2016 10:53AM

Everyone must go