Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rams have hit rock bottom

December 25, 2016 07:31AM

By Bob Buttitta

LOS ANGELES — In a Los Angeles Rams season filled with plenty of lows, Saturday’s 22-21 loss to the San Francisco 49ers is without a doubt the low water mark.

Leading by 14 points with just six minutes left in the game, the Rams allowed a less than spectacular San Francisco offense to drive the length of the field twice to score touchdowns that turned what looked like a sure win into the team’s sixth consecutive loss.

The final insult was seeing Colin Kaepernick score a two-point conversion with 30 seconds left in the game that gave the 49ers just enough points to eek out both the win and a season sweep of the Rams.

Over their last 19 games, San Francisco has three wins, all against the Rams. That might be understandable if Joe Montana and Jerry Rice were still playing in San Francisco but it’s not nearly acceptable against the 49ers current roster.

So who is to blame for the mess this team is in? Basically everyone.

It certainly starts with the offense, which once again laid an egg for most of the game.

After playing its best first quarter of the year at home, one where they scored 14 points and moved the ball effectively, quarterback Jared Goff and the rest of the offense only managed to produce 65 yards of total offense over the final three quarters.

Playing against the league’s worst defense statistically, Goff completed just 11 passes for a paltry 90 yards. He also had two costly interceptions, one which led San Francisco’s first touchdown and another in the closing seconds that ended the team’s hopes of getting into position for a winning field goal.

“The offense needs to play better and it starts with me,” Goff said. “As the leader of the team, the leader of the offense, I need to be better, better than I was today for sure.”

Read Complete Article
[www.vcstar.com]
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

RamBill431December 25, 2016 07:31AM

Re: Rams have hit rock bottom

IowaRam295December 25, 2016 07:57AM

LMAO - sums it all up! (nm)

RamUK239December 25, 2016 08:02AM

Perfect NM

LesBaker164December 25, 2016 08:06AM

Re: Rams have hit rock bottom.