Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Goff 'was able to slow it down' in his first road start

November 28, 2016 04:50AM
Rams QB Jared Goff 'was able to slow it down' in his first road start

Alden Gonzalez

NEW ORLEANS -- In the wake of an embarrassing loss, one that probably extinguished any hope for the playoffs and maybe even a .500 record, came an important realization: Perhaps the Los Angeles Rams really did find their quarterback.

Jared Goff seemed to have provided reassurance in an otherwise dispiriting 49-21 loss.

Making his first road start at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome, widely considered one of the NFL's loudest venues, Goff threw three first-half touchdown passes, completed 20 of 32 attempts and amassed 214 yards through the air. It wasn't nearly enough against a New Orleans Saints offense that gained 555 yards from scrimmage, but it displayed marked growth for Goff -- the type he realized but did not feel comfortable celebrating.

"I don't think there's any moral victories," Goff said. "I obviously felt a lot more comfortable in my second game, just from experience. I felt better out there. I was able to see it a lot better and was able to slow it down a little bit. But at the same time, I want to win.”

Read Complete Article
[www.espn.com]
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Goff 'was able to slow it down' in his first road start

RamBill324November 28, 2016 04:50AM

Re: Goff ...Love it.

oldschoolramfan223November 28, 2016 07:32AM