Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Practice Report 11/23: Goff 'Lights Out' in Wednesday Session

November 24, 2016 06:11PM

By Myles Simmons

Practice how you play.

It’s an old cliché that gets thrown around frequently — perhaps as a motivation tactic, perhaps as an admonition. But if the saying turns out to be true this week for quarterback Jared Goff, then the Rams should be in good shape on Sunday.

“Jared was lights out today, which is good to see,” Rams head coach Fisher said.

“Today, he was cutting it loose,” Fisher later added. “He’s got a really good feel for it. Last week was his first week as our starter and against that good defense. But, man, this week, so far after two days of practice, he’s putting it down the field and doing some good things. He’s in complete control of what we’re doing, so it’s good to see. It’s very encouraging.”

It’s high praise from the head coach, who watched the No. 1 overall pick complete 17 of his 31 passes for 134 yards in his debut.

“Just letting it fly a little bit — throwing the ball around. It felt good,” Goff said of Wednesday’s session. “I thought everyone did a good job today. I thought we were really crisp. One of the sharpest practices I think we’ve had in a long time and it felt good.”

It’s an encouraging sign during a week where Goff would certainly like to take a step forward. He effectively described his performance against the Dolphins as middling.

“I thought it was OK,” Goff said. “There is obviously stuff I want back, stuff you would like to do better, and then there’s stuff you that you notice on film that you did pretty good — there’s a little bit both ways. But it was OK.”

One of the storylines on Goff to come out of his game against Miami was the lack of downfield attempts. Fisher has said that in retrospect, it might have been something the Rams should have done more. But as Goff explained, there were circumstances that helped dictate the playcalling.

Read Complete Article
[www.therams.com]
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

RamBill909November 24, 2016 06:11PM

^^^^Now THIS is encouraging

NewMexicoRam372November 25, 2016 03:54AM

Re: ^^^^Now THIS is encouraging....Yes!

oldschoolramfan335November 25, 2016 05:29AM

Wow! Boras doesn't know anything about playing D either!

guinnessram357November 25, 2016 06:02AM

Re: Wow! Boras doesn't know anything about playing D either!

Ohiorams339November 25, 2016 07:00AM