Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Goff's debut conjures up similarities to that of Jim Everett, 30 years earlier

November 19, 2016 06:07PM
Jared Goff's debut conjures up similarities to that of Jim Everett, 30 years earlier

By RICH HAMMOND / STAFF WRITER

LOS ANGELES – The Rams’ tall, sandy-haired rookie quarterback, a hyped high draft pick, sat for more than half the season before the coach finally gave him the nod to play. It’s happening again.

Jim Everett made his Rams debut on Nov. 16, 1986, and now, 30 years and four days later, Jared Goff will make his much-anticipated NFL debut Sunday against Miami at the Coliseum. Everett had a solid 12-year career, and the Rams have even higher hopes for Goff, who finally will take his first step.

It’s been a long wait. Many fans and draft pundits assumed the Rams immediately would hand things over to Goff. Instead, after almost 30 weeks of rookie mini-camp, OTA practices, training camp and regular season, Goff has passed inspection and now is charged with improving one of the NFL’s worst offenses.

“I expect to do whatever it takes to win,” Goff said this week. “Whatever it takes – if that’s a lot of touchdowns, a lot of yards, if that’s handing the ball off a lot – whatever it is, I want to win. I want to be the quarterback for this team for a long time.”

Everett can relate, albeit only with three-decade-old memories. But the similarities seem almost eerie.

Read Complete Article
[www.ocregister.com]
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Goff's debut conjures up similarities to that of Jim Everett, 30 years earlier

RamBill464November 19, 2016 06:07PM

wow...that's very similar indeed!

SunTzu_vs_Camus177November 20, 2016 07:49AM