Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Practice Report 11/4: Johnson Hopes to Play vs. Panthers

November 04, 2016 06:31PM

Myles Simmons

It’s been a long month for cornerback Trumaine Johnson.

In Los Angeles’ Week 5 matchup against the Bills, Johnson took on a block from fullback Jerome Felton on a run to the offense’s right midway through the fourth quarter. While it initially looked like the cornerback had shed Felton, the fullback went to the ground, and rolled up on the back of Johnson’s leg. The result, according to Johnson, was, “a high ankle sprain with a little bone bruise.”

And all things considered, the injury could have been a lot worse.

“I watched it over and over the next day,” Johnson said Friday. “It’s part of the game. He rolled over me. And I could’ve broke it. But they told me I didn’t have to have surgery, so that was good.”

Why watch it so many times?

“I had to because I was just so mad — at him at first, then I was like, it’s part of the game. I can’t do anything about it,” Johnson said.

That realization — plus the diagnosis — appeared to change Johnson’s mindset, resulting in him attacking his rehab.

“They told me four-to-six weeks [to recover], and I was happy with that,” Johnson said.

Now, just about four weeks later, Johnson could be back. He was on the field both Wednesday and Friday, albeit in a limited capacity, and is listed as questionable for Sunday.

“I feel great,” Johnson said. “It’s been a long month, and I’ve been itching to get back out there with my teammates. Lots of rehab. I’ve been living in the training room with my trainers to try to get back out on the field.”

Johnson did travel with the team on the long road trip to both Detroit and London, which he said aided his recovery.

I’m glad they took me to London, because in London I was in the training room every day with those guys,” Johnson said.

Read Complete Article [www.therams.com]
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

RamBill592November 04, 2016 06:31PM

something tells me Johnson won't play

LMU93193November 05, 2016 11:40AM