Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Oh geez, it's all my fault, am I ever depressed...

October 25, 2016 10:23AM
I got a new credit card today so I signed it, activated it, then placed it in my wallet... at that time I noticed my wallet was getting "FAT"... had to be some unneeded junk in there, so I started cleaning it. That's how it began.. and now, my life is shallow, empty, and without purpose.

In my wallet I found a ticket... I had forgotten about it. As many of you know I don't 'bet' on the Rams... not even in fantasy football, (which I have only played once in my life)... or in those 'pick em's' on this board... I can't bring myself to pick against the Rams... now that's neither here nor there as far as it goes BUT....

This year, in preseason, my sister-in-law was headed to Vegas. Just for the hell of it I looked up the odds for the Ram's winning the SB. It was 70-1. In a moment of complete 'stupidity' I handed her a C-Note and told her to put it on the Rams. I should have known better... also, this gets worse...

When she returned I had forgotten about it... a couple weeks later she handed me the ticket. Ok, fine... BUT... I had gotten 30-1 odds instead of the 70-1 I had seen online. (Never trust the Internet). I can't honestly say I wouldn't have placed the bet had I known the reduced odds... and I should have followed my morals anyway.. so no complaint coming.

Again... the ticket got shoved into the same box in my brain where I store the shopping lists my wife gives me... so until today, when I cleaned my wallet, it wasn't even a ghost of a memory.

The day, today, started ok... I knew it would be depressing on the board... but it was REALLY depressing, causing the worst of all to occur in my feeble brain - I allowed the demonic thought of "It can't get much worse" to enter my brain. It could get worse, as the football Gods giggled and directed me to open my wallet and realize I have a C-Note riding on the Rams.

If you were in my office at this moment you would be able to hear the Football Gods cackling with evil laughter.. or maybe you can hear it from your location? - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Oh geez, it's all my fault, am I ever depressed...

JamesJM560October 25, 2016 10:23AM

I thought you were going to say . . .

stlramz234October 25, 2016 10:54AM

I sense

LesBaker226October 25, 2016 01:58PM

Re: Oh geez, it's all my fault, am I ever depressed...

BobCarl194October 25, 2016 10:59AM

Wow, that was involved...

JamesJM222October 25, 2016 02:18PM

Here's some good advice for you Jimmy...

Guard261October 25, 2016 11:30AM

Don't feel bad

NewMexicoRam214October 25, 2016 01:22PM