Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Aaron Donald shouldn't be able to compete in the NFL.

September 20, 2016 05:58AM
He really is too small for this era at DT. And he looks like he's slimmed down more this year. I'd be surprised if he's 280.

But he crushes. He's so quick, so relentless, and strong, most teams can't handle him at all. And I love that. He's defying all the odds and we Rams' fans should rejoice that we get to watch the underdog win.

Robert Quinn, in his own way, is similar. He has height, at 6'4", but he, too, looks like he's lost weight -- and he was never big. I'd be surprised if he were much more than 250, which is light for this era. That said, he has incredible burst, speed off the edge, can launch and bend and almost fly to the QB, and he has uncanny instincts for where the ball is at all times. Was cheered by his play this Sunday. It may well be he's back from his "back."

Brockers and Thomas are both hogmollies, and fit the era better for DTs. I want to see the Rams draft another DT of that size, because I think you need contrast . . . small, quick guys and massive space-eaters. Preferably, you have enough of both kinds of players so you can stack things either way, depending upon down and distance.

Anyway, Sunday was fun. At least on the defensive side. Now, if they can just get some life on offense!
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Aaron Donald shouldn't be able to compete in the NFL.

Billy_T682September 20, 2016 05:58AM

If there is one thing that I would critique about the front 7 play...

Guard272September 20, 2016 06:35AM

Re: Agreed, Guard.

Billy_T197September 20, 2016 08:08AM

SoCalRAMatic245September 20, 2016 08:30AM

SoCalRAMatic245September 20, 2016 08:57AM