Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

couple thoughts

September 19, 2016 11:56AM
Went to expo park Coliseaum area starting 3 hrs before game using train service thru Pasadena,union station and expo park~ Santa Monica line and never saw so many Ram Fans in close quarters in life.
Anyone thinking they can comfortably get to game and line into stadium that way better rethink. Unless they allow major time ahead
Mind you I wasn't going to attend game, ,just wanted to get 5~10 suveneir programs and get back for kickoff, figured 3hrs would be enough time. Wrong.
Anyway made it to stadium about 10:45 walked half way around stadium, ran into Roland Williams and his 3 sons at the peristyle end and he remembered me from a chance meeting a the L.A. Times book fair a few years back.
Asked him if he finished his book yet and he told me he had .threw the its a spectacle line at him.
Said he owes his great memory partly to that Syracruse education. Told him to enjoy the game and kept moving.
Went all the way up to front of the item check line asking employees and officers how I could get programs. Only way was to trust a good soul with money to go inside stadium and come back out.
Problem. .no re~entry allowed a staff support person with have bridge. Gap.
Asked several Ram Fans to assist for 30min and all rejected even showing 60bucks. Started to back out of line. Saw bald tall African American with people buzzing around him like flies, ,immediately recognised him as E.D. .Be a good story if I told you he bought the program s and tossed them to me like Mean Joe but no he had to get away from the hoard, ,about faced and gave up realising kickoff and national a them for me even on tv was fast fading chance,
Ran into L.A. local sports TV legend Jim Hill who I was stunned to look taller than TruJo and very fit for what must be about 70yrs age.
Walking back to train across from SC ran into DaveWinfield lounging with some. Tailgators.
Didn't get back home until almost end of first quarter, enjoyed game and felt a bit compelled to get On local Espn station and defend Ram offence to degree that 5 Seahawks Pro Bowlers, Bennett, Thomas,Sherman, Wagner,And Camm made no game changing plays,
A full day even without. Dang goal of programs.
Moral. .never know who you 'll meet on way to forum..er Coliseaum.: )

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2016 12:01PM by CraigMatson.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

couple thoughts

CraigMatson585September 19, 2016 11:56AM