Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My 2 cents on the win over Seattle

September 18, 2016 09:06PM
So, your crying the Rams didn't score any TDs? I'm disappointed too. Yes its not a perfect world is it? Imagine how a team many feel has Super Bowl aspirations, the Seattle Seahawks feel getting held to only 1 field goal by the world's worst team. One where the coach should be fired any time now.
One where there is no way in hell they can win with that career back up QB as the starter.

One where that idiot Grits suggested after the team lost 28-0 that perhaps they were suffering from Hard Knocks hangover and were not a focused team.

Six days later that same worlds worst team rose up and the questionable defense shutdown the so called Super Bowl contenders of just last Sunday.

It was game of two evenly matched teams with defenses that even Vince Lombardi and/or Chuck Knox would be proud of. It was very similar to a Chuck Knox era game.

By the way LA, that never do well, Jeff Fisher has now beaten King Pete Carroll 4 of the last 5 times he has faced him. In fact Fisher has swept King Pete the last 3 games.

There were signs of life for the worlds worst offense and the dum and dumber team of Boras and Groh. Even a old school NFLer named Troy Aikman actually paid a compliment to the Rams offense on Sunday. While the Rams offense lacked TD punch they actually did display a preference for throwing the football. In fact that career back up QB threw the ball 30 times today. That's a lot of passes. Case was 18 for 30 and 239 yards with no TDs. His opponent that world beater Russell Wilson was 22 of 35 for 254. Not much to choose from right? So, going to quibble between court jester Keenum who threw it 30 times and his Majesty Wilson who threw it 35. Same results by the way. No touchdowns!

On the brighter side of things, no word of Fisher's new 3 year deal.

The Rams defense was probably as dominating as I've seen it ever in the last 10 years. Alec Ogletree is making that decision to move him to the middle look like pure genius. In fact the play of the day was Tree stripping the Seattle ball carrier of the football and recovering the fumble to seal the victory.

Rams pass rush was fearsome to say the least.

Rams secondary, especially with Troy Hill at the right corner was very, very good. I know they tried to pick on Hill but, only because they don't know him and despite giving up one long pass near the end, Hill was impressive. Hill displayed the best ball skills for a Rams cornerback in a very long time and that includes Janoris Jenkins. The guy showed that he knows enough to actually look for the ball when in coverage.

The Rams are currently tied for 1st place in the NFC West at 1-1. Next they get the Bucs who were hammered in AZ 40-7.

Rams very well could be 2-1 by the end of the next weekend.

Now don't things look a bit different today then they did last Tuesday?

Grits

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

My 2 cents on the win over Seattle Attachments

GreatRamNTheSky827September 18, 2016 09:06PM

Re: My 2 cents on the win over Seattle

EastBayRam411September 18, 2016 09:09PM

canuckramsfans426September 18, 2016 10:01PM

dodgerram396September 18, 2016 11:02PM

Mine... in few words...

JamesJM318September 18, 2016 11:30PM