Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I'm not sure the Rams keep more than 5 WRs.

August 22, 2016 03:45AM
I just don't see the talent level of our WRs as being sufficient to keep more than 5. If they keep 6 (doubtful) the last guy will really be a STs guy who can help at WR in a pinch. They can put a couple of guys on the PS in case injury forces a need.

Wouldn't surprise me at all to see a move made for a vet WR either just at or just before the first cutdowns. Could even involve a 7th round pick to keep a guy from having to clear waivers.

At the moment, I see 4 guys as locks: Britt, Austin, Spruce and Cooper. The rest are just a bagful of the same guy.....and not very good guys.

I can't see Quick staying. Simply not good enough. More wasted cap space.Fisher rightly pointed out Quick as not doing well as it comes to catching the ball. But this is nothing new. He's always had trouble with his hands. My hope is that this was Fisher's way of telling Quick that he has about one more preseason game to turn it around or he's gone. Not going to happen; Quick is what he is.

The other guys are awfully inconsistent as their late draft status would indicate. They could develop, but they're not there yet.

I think the Rams will keep almost as many TEs as WRs. Hemmingway offers more upside than any the remaining WRs and when Fisher talks about him you can see a twinkle in his eye.

So as of now, today, I see at WR Britt, Austin, Spruce, Cooper, and heck I don't know. Marquez is yet another slot guy and I just can't see it. I think the door is open for a true outside guy, not another slot guy. So I think it'll possibly come down to Thomas or Williams, but neither has really shown much.

But at TE, I see them keeping 4: Harkey, Kendricks, Higbee and Hemmingway and using a LOT of 2 TE sets and even throwing Hemmingway in there from time to time in a 3 TE set (essentially using him like a WR).
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

I'm not sure the Rams keep more than 5 WRs.

RockRam838August 22, 2016 03:45AM

That's a good breakdown of it...

Guard481August 22, 2016 05:26AM

Re: I'm not sure the Rams keep more than 5 WRs.

LBRamsFan409August 22, 2016 08:17AM

Re: I'm not sure the Rams keep more than 5 WRs.

SoCalRAMatic324August 22, 2016 08:59AM

Re: That call is all about special teams

merlin384August 22, 2016 06:25PM