Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bubbaramfans's 8/16 TC report...

August 17, 2016 09:37AM
Some juicy tidbits in here.

Here's bubbaramfan...

I'm going to write this out as in a timeline from when I got there to when I left. Bear in mind I'm not a scout or a trained writer and I'm very opinionated. I'm writing what I observed and my take on it. Like all of you, I'm a die hard Rams fan and appreciate all the info I can get about the Rams and I want to return the favor to others that have taken the time to post reports. My turn, (for what its worth).

Got onto the field about 3pm, nice day, about 80F with a slight breeze. Not a lot of people maybe 8 or 9 hundred, couple thousand at the peak of TC. Guys came out and stretched at 3:30 for about 20 min. Defense was in white, Offense blue. Two fields, north and south. they split up into groups and I got the OL nearest me (N field). Havenstien on the field but not in Pads. The rest of OL, including Battle, in pads and shorts. Saffold, Robinson, Donnal and Battle did this thing with a medicine ball, taking snaps coming off a fist on the turf and hitting the guy with the medicine ball against his chest. Never saw that before. Looked to be for Battle and Donnal's benefit. OL worked on zone blocking.
S field. ST work, this was where Fisher was. Punt returns and KO return. Because ST guys come from both O and D, they had return guys wear red caps that fit over their helmets. Cooper , Chase Reynolds, McRoberts, Cunningham fielding returns. Fassell lots of yelling. spent over 1/2 hr on returns. ( no one dropped a ball) I could see staff concentrating on gunners, and interior blocking (the big guys in the middle) mostly who fassel was yelling at.
At the same time @ N field, QB's practice taking snaps from under C ( Barnes, Folkerts, Kush, Rhaney) All QB's looked fliud w/ no missnaps.

4pm horn, field changes. N field LB's DB's and WR's. S field, TE's and QB's. WR's and DB's,LB's bump and run first contact off snap. Db's and WR's really getting after it. GW was right there screaming at Db's. (no soft coverage next Saturday?) Whoever is Wr coach sure gave em hell too. Fisher also came over and put his 2 cents in.that went on for 20 min. Missed what was going on at other field.

4:30 horn, change of drills. N field Offense practiced running plays. Gurley, Cunningham, Brown, Magee, Green. then short passes to RB's most over the middle. Keenum, Goff, Mannion all switched off RB's. Looked like all got same reps. Gurley, Cunningham exelled. Mannion best QB on this drill. OL GRob, Wichmann, Barnes, Brown, Saffold. After five or six plays, OL, Williams, rhaney, Folkets, Reynolds, Donnal.

5pm horn 11 on 11 S field. I had to move to another bleacher so I missed some. 1st team D (minus Quinn, I never saw his # on the field). Hayes, Donald, Brockers, Simms. OL GRob, Wichmann, Barnes, Brown, Saffold. A lot of passes to Gurley coming out of the backfield. Cunningham too. this seemed to be something they concentrated on because they didn't substitute on either side of the ball for, like 15 minutes. Only subs were Keenum for Goff, then Gurley for Cunningham. It was by far the highlight of the practice. Lots of hooting and hollering by the rams players watching on the sidelines. Both RB's have GREAT hands. One of the DB's did get an int though. Very intense. OL pass blocking was very good, both QB's got time. Donald was still his disruptive self, but Barnes stood him up a couple of times. Looking up for OL IMHO.
11 on 11 went on to seam and over the middle with WR's and TE's. Britt and Quick got a lot of attention. All 3 QB's got time with the ones and all looked good. Only drops came from(sigh) Thomas. (Though he did make some catches, one deep from Mannion).

Of the TE's, Higbee gets open and catches everything, Hemmingway got several targets and made some good catches. Harkey is a monster. Standing next to Saffold not much size difference. Austin was all over the place and bounces around like he's on speed. Austin was not targeted a lot though. Marquez and Quick ran sharp routes made good catches. DB Hill got time with 1's, he did a good job sticking with Wr's. Battle got time at RT with 2's. good 45 min scrimmage. Mannion and Goff can both sling it deep. Mannion to Thomas had good deep hookup in endzone. Goff to Quick for good play.

Horn and drill change. N field, OL vs DL DE Seau up against Saffold or GRob, looks like a mismatch, but Seau is a tough quick Hombre. Simms looks slow. My highlight: Battle pancaked Simms and Hayes.

That was pretty much it for the intense stuff. I Got to talk with DeMacro Farr. He seems to think rams talent is there to make the playoffs, but the youth (Rams still youngest team in NFL) and inexperience will take them another season or two before they can put it all toghether for a really good playoff run.

Sorry it took so long to get this up. I hope Rams Fans that read this, get something out of it. I enjoyed the experience, and I thought the Rams practiced hard and with inteseity. I believe they buy into Jeff Fisher, I know some of you don;'t, and I;m on the fence.

I could have posted more, but what I just posted took over 2 hours and I know folks want to hear something about todays practice. I've been on that end more than a few times. any q's post it here.

PS. Spruce was in civies with a brace on his left knee.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Bubbaramfans's 8/16 TC report...

Rams43930August 17, 2016 09:37AM

Re: Bubbaramfans's 8/16 TC report...

Rams43442August 17, 2016 09:40AM

Thanks. DeMarco thinks it's another year or 2, uh?

NewMexicoRam414August 17, 2016 10:46AM

Excellent follow up report by bubbaramfan...

Rams43456August 17, 2016 03:13PM