Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Goff has the intangibles to be great.....

August 10, 2016 06:45PM
Montana, Brady, Peyton Manning, and even Drew Brees, didn't or don't have the strongest arms in the NFL. It takes more than a strong arm. As far as learning the fine points of regurgitating the playbook I think we would all agree that's going to take some time. But there are some things that go beyond the learning curve and the physical aspects of playing the position and all of the great QBs have it and I think Goff has it. Watching film on Goff (no expert, not even close) I noticed that Goff is unfazed by the rush. On numerous occasions he can be seen getting rid of the ball with a defender right in his face and finding an open receiver downfield. And when he throws an interception he just goes back to slinging the ball around unfazed. The kid just keeps coming. Everyone of the games I watched he exhibited the same traits. Hanging in in the face of a fierce rush and his competitive spirit are traits that can't be learned or taught. A player either has it or he doesn't. And I think he has it. When I first heard that the Rams were thinking about taking Goff I was disappointed. I thought for sure the Rams traded up for Wentz, so I looked at as many games as I could of Goff and after watching them all I walked away hoping that Goff was going to be the pick,and if it wasn't I would've been greatly disappointed. Another thing to think about is how Hue Jackson traded the 2nd pick as soon as he realized his guy was not going to be there. I might be totally wrong but watching Goff I was thinking he could be the next Tom Brady. Let's hope so.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Goff has the intangibles to be great.....

YOUNGBLOOD85668August 10, 2016 06:45PM