Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can someone explain the difference between Corona and H1, back in 2009-10?

March 16, 2020 05:34AM
Some of you may think I am totally downplaying these times. I AM being careful but just not going into Anarchy mode. I'm confused because H1 infected about 1.4 BILLION and killed just under 500,000. With the Fire Dept, I personally responded to 3-4 infected people. I know one for sure had the runs BIG TIME. It was rampant. But nobody was buying toilet paper by the pallet. Lysol was not the smell of the week etc etc.

I am not telling people to totally ignore what is going on. Most of what is required should be daily hygiene anyway. I'm just advising to be careful of the fear that is being spread right now. Personally, I have lost all respect for the media. It has become more about ratings competition and drama (I know ALL of you have seen the "reports" during hurricanes that were Oscar worthy) I have even heard people calling reports accurate based on POLITICAL affiliation (Left AND Right) Tooooooo many outlets out there that are fighting 24/7 / 365 for viewers with facts OFTEN being optional.

And don't forget, my job has OFTEN taken me to news sites. Hell, I have been AT the scene of "Breaking News" many times. USUALLY, reporters do a great job. Many DO work very hard. But tooooo often, I have seen the National Enquirer mentality.

Bottom line.....Be safe...look out for the elderly and or sick (VULNERABLE folks) but keep it together.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Can someone explain the difference between Corona and H1, back in 2009-10?

Ramgator89March 16, 2020 05:34AM