Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

On to the Championship games... after a big scare...

November 10, 2019 06:05AM
For the first time ever Kerman is taking all 3 youth football teams to the Championship Games!

Quite a day.... and it didn't come easy. All 3 games were close... at least until the final minutes.

My youngest grandson had a Pick 6 in his Pee Wee game... they finish undefeated in season play HOWEVER... in the pre-season carnival we scrimmaged against the team we'll be facing in the Championship game and they are HUGE, they manhandled us in the scrimmage. But we're a much better team now... so we'll see.

As I've said... since my oldest grandson began youth football, some "X" years ago, (many), I have never seen Kerman win a Tri-County Championship... now we have 3 chances to do so next Saturday.

2nd oldest grandson's team lost on Friday night... their season has ended. Gavin did great however, and has a good shot at making the Fresno County All Star Game... well... if they correct the 'stats'... they credited a bench player with all of Gavin's passing stats from Friday night. laughing smiley

The scare: One of our opponents went down with injury during the Junior game... I knew it probably wasn't good because both teams' coaches ran onto the field immediately, (I didn't see the impact that caused the injury)... and that almost never happens. He was down for a long time... and the crowd was silent. And that was only the beginning...

Our opponents coach, out on the field to check his injured player, suddenly collapsed on the field and started having spasms. Some nurses in attendance immediately went down to check on him. Then came the ambulance, then the Fireman Paramedics, then another ambulance... the player and the coach both lying on the field.

Both are OK... the player has a suspected concussion, he was transported to the hospital as a precautionary measure but was alert and walking on his own when he got into the ambulance.

The coach, we learned, has diabetes, and suffered a seizure. He eventually rose to his feet, after about ½ hour, and stayed for the remainder of the game.

This all occurred with 2 minutes to go in the game and our opponent on our 5yd line attempting to go in for the go-ahead score. From joyous hysteria to terrified anxiety in a few seconds.

More emotion: When the Senior game ended they announced "One More Play"... and a young impaired boy from Avenal, (our opponent), came onto the field.... the ball was placed on the 20 and then to a standing ovation from both visitor and home stands the young man proceeded to scamper the full 20yds for a TD! Both teams surrounded him in the end zone and many photos were taken.

Quite a day day, quite a day indeed. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

On to the Championship games... after a big scare...

JamesJM133November 10, 2019 06:05AM