Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rugby... more grandpa boasting..

October 14, 2019 01:14PM
although in this case I have no idea what I'm talking about here. I know a little about football... but Rugby? Yikes.

So one of my grandson's in England was nominated and accepted into the Northhampton Saints Rugby Academy. I don't know what that is, exactly, but it 'sounds' very prestigious to me so i'm going with that.

I know it's a 'training' school... they don't really play games... well, they do, but very few and they're more like 'exhibition'. The players in the Academy continue to play for their regular club teams.

My son has to drive him to practices every Monday... 1.5 hours there and another 1.5 hours back home. He's in a 'satellite' facility of the Northhampton Academy in Colchester, UK.... I'm sure they don't call it a 'satellite facility' but I have no idea what the correct term is.

Now my grandkid 'complaint'... and it's a biggie. They are all great athletes, top players on their respective teams, even MVP's. Not ONE of them... NOT ONE... knows how to play a musical instrument nor has any desire to learn how too. I'm a total failure as a grandparent. banghead
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Rugby... more grandpa boasting..

JamesJM140October 14, 2019 01:14PM