Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ok, that's a tough question..

September 14, 2019 09:28AM
Because I sorta have never realized I'm NOT invincible.. I've never really had a MAJOR injury.. I've pulled hamstrings that took 6 months to heal.. have stepped on a rusty finish nail that went entirely through my foot - luckily the nail didn't have a decent head on it.. I practically blew my hands off in 1984 in an onstage pyro accident and suffered 2nd degree burns on both hands and all fingers.. Had a blood clot after a dive trip that nearly cost me two toes.. but, I never let any of that slow me down..Hell, I performed two shows the day after the second degree pyro incident..

I went over 50 years without having surgery of any kind.. and now in the last 4 years I've had 3 (one major) surgeries and am scheduled for a 4th (hernia) in the next few months and probably another neck surgery around the first of the year.. So, with my neck condition which has plagued me for 37 years, you'd think I'd be a quivering lump of beat up dog crap.. and I am, to a degree..

But I've never let ANYTHING slow me down.. I don't think I'm physically invincible - I know I can get hurt because I have, before, and I know I will, again.. Its inevitable with some of the stupid stuff I do..

But, I feel I'm invincible because no matter what happens, I'm not gonna let any injury or illness slow me down.. I'm just not.. Nothing will stop me from diving.. nothing will stop me from performing, as long as I still want to.. I honestly DON'T CARE if I'm injured and then die as a result of continuing to do what I love doing, because I'm at least going out on my own terms, doing what I love....

...and THAT makes me feel invincible...

Friendship is like peeing your pants.. Everybody can see it, but only you can feel the warmth..

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Sydney, then and now... Attachments

JamesJM182September 10, 2019 12:58PM

Where does the time go?

Atlantic Ram117September 14, 2019 07:35AM

Doesn't it, tho?

sstrams82September 14, 2019 08:30AM

Ain't that the truth?

JamesJM170September 14, 2019 09:06AM

Ok, that's a tough question..

sstrams83September 14, 2019 09:28AM

Re: Sydney, then and now...