Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I don't know... but it's a great story

July 02, 2019 08:09PM
JamesJM
Lazar comes off as quite sane and rational. Not sure what to make of it myself.

I do happen to believe there is life elsewhere in the universe, but I base that simply on 'odds'. I do not think they've visited here, physically, but I wouldn't be a bit surprised if tomorrow we detect a signal of some kind and indisputably of intelligent origin. That would be very interesting, no? laughing smiley

Of course, the most recent signal we could possibly receive would be 3.2 years old. That being the distance to nearest star at light speed. So, and again 'odds', any signal we might receive would most likely be several thousand, perhaps a million, even a billion years old.

I have been an avid sky watcher my entire life. Put away my telescope some years ago BUT I used to observe the heavens weekly. The most amazing thing I ever saw, however, I did not see thru a telescope. It was a naked eye observation and was pure luck. I saw a meteor hit the ground. This was night, of course, and what I saw was the light hit the horizon and then explode in a burst a light that was 'blue' but unlike any blue I'd ever seen before or since. It made contact with the ground in a small town south of Fresno called Malaga. The Fresno Astronomy Society was quick onto the scene and found the spot where it hit but no remnants of the meteor itself, having completely burned up or evaporated on contact.

So I personally think he's lying. I think he's really good at it. But I have no proof or anything. The elaborateness and the details are what make it so good I think. And of course people want to believe this... I know I do. But a lot of what he says has this fantastic and unprovable plausibility to it. I could go into why I don't believe him but it doesn't really matter I don't think.

Yes, the odds of life not existing somewhere other than mother earth are "astronomical". Contacting it seems pretty unlikely as well but yes that would be interesting. Also how people would respond to that info would also be interesting.

I was driving home from work late one evening and saw what I first thought was a roman candle. A brilliant ball of light with a striking tail crossing right in front of me. I was almost home and it appeared to fall right in my neighborhood. I had some anxiety that it could have even hit the house... and fantasized about finding a meteor in my back yard. So I didn't think anything else of it until I told my wife about it the next day and she said lots of people saw it. I live in a small town and that little falling star was just a few hundred yards away. Nope it was about 40 miles away and lots of people saw it. People saw it from 100's of miles away. But I swear it was right in from of me.

Meteor article
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Bob Lazar and UFO's

Atlantic Ram366July 01, 2019 03:45AM

I wouldn't say I'm the opposite....but....

JamesJM133July 01, 2019 05:09AM

I want to believe it but I just can't

Atlantic Ram112July 01, 2019 06:56PM

I agree with you that...

JamesJM113July 01, 2019 07:18PM

I don't know... but it's a great story

Atlantic Ram124July 02, 2019 08:09PM

"The Bone".

waterfield122July 02, 2019 07:31AM

I don't believe a word of it and am not even tempted

zn135July 02, 2019 06:00AM

But that leaves somewhat open the question...

JamesJM182July 02, 2019 06:51AM

Re: But that leaves somewhat open the question...

zn123July 02, 2019 07:23AM

So just a little digging..

Atlantic Ram111July 02, 2019 08:22PM

Re: So just a little digging..

zn130July 02, 2019 09:08PM

Seriously folks-aliens exist

waterfield119July 02, 2019 07:53AM

i believe you

Atlantic Ram110July 02, 2019 08:26PM