Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I want to believe it but I just can't

July 01, 2019 06:56PM
JamesJM
I'm several degrees along that way... that is: It takes quite a lot for me to start believing "X" is possible, (whatever).

Without claiming to be truly 'open minded' I WILL listen to most anyone espousing a 'way out there' theory.

I'm most.. guess the word would be 'lenient'?, in regards to anything space, or outer space, related. Like you, lot of kid in me... and there are many things I'd like, or want, to be 'true'... like UFO's. While I do not believe in UFO's I also hope we keep pursuing the topic and "IN FACT" believe doing so, (even if it all comes to naught), is healthy for mankind.

As for Bob Lazar specifically... I had heard of him, (can't really remember how or when). I can't say I believe him, (I don't), but I lean toward believing that HE truly believes in what he's saying. IOW... I don't think he's trying to pull a fast one to simply gain fame or financial reward. I'd definitely like to sit down with him, over a beer or two, and spend an evening in conversation.

Sidenote: My wife truly believes she saw a UFO. This was back in the 70's.... I actually remember the occurrence... she called me outside and I obeyed... and watched what she was telling me was a UFO.... the problem was - I had just finished celebrating the end of harvest with some friends and in those days that meant imbibing, and imbibing heavily. I was blitzed. Here's what I remember about it.... and keep in mind, my condition would have easily allowed for seeing pink elephants:

Something flew over the house.... very low altitude and here's what caught my attention most - no sound, at all. I also remember 'seeing', or thought I saw, intricate detail of the 'plane' that, wellll, best way to describe it is to think of the intricate design of the space ships in the Star Wars movies... IOW... no smooth surfaces.

We live near Lemoore Naval Air Station and flights, at low altitude, are quite common here. I can remember seeing the B1 Bomber flying overhead and this before it was even confirmed that there WAS a B1 Bomber. So my final assessment of my wife's UFO was - a plane out of Lemoore. My wife does not accept that. laughing smiley

The topic, unfortunately for me, seems to draw out people that are kinda "way out there". And I dismiss these people immediately. In college I took a class called "Pseudoscience" which was all about this kind of stuff. All of the stuff we covered was bull poo. Interestingly enough I also took a class called "Extraterrestrial Life"... a 400 level physics and biology class on what it would take for life to begin on another planet... kicked my ass, but probably one of the most interesting classes I ever took.

Lazar has passed several polygraphs which means little to me except that he has either gotten good at cheating them or, like you said, he truly believes what he is saying. If the latter is true, then that makes it a bit intriguing. He doesn't appear to be crazy or even trying to make anyone believe him. So he doesn't fit the "way out there" mold that usually accompanies this kind of stuff. MIT student who built his own rocket car out of a Honda and made it his daily driver, lol. Big props from on that! But then I'm impressed by a racing stripe or wide tires.

So if he does believe what he's saying... I'm not sure what to make of that. Because I still don't believe him. But he claims that he worked for the government who had alien vessels that ran on an anti-gravity (or gravity producing) engine. He specifically worked on a working engine and his job was to reverse engineer it. In fact the story is so detailed and specific that I'm not sure how he is not making it up. I guess a psychotic episode or something could have given him a false memory.

My guess is that he was angry about something... a speeding ticket or taxes... maybe he applied for a government job and got rejected... and decided that he was going to cause trouble. He was in his 20's at the time so maybe it was just a reckless move. And for some reason he is too embarrassed to fess up and it has become an elaborate lie. And a lot of people seem to love it.

I've never seen anything. I look. Other people see stuff but I don't. I am never so disappointed as when I am following a light in the sky and after several minutes see the small red flashing light next to it... plane... damn.

I can imagine that a B1 Bomber is shocking to see... especially before they "existed"... but really now even. They are awe inspiring.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Bob Lazar and UFO's

Atlantic Ram365July 01, 2019 03:45AM

I wouldn't say I'm the opposite....but....

JamesJM132July 01, 2019 05:09AM

I want to believe it but I just can't

Atlantic Ram109July 01, 2019 06:56PM

I agree with you that...

JamesJM112July 01, 2019 07:18PM

I don't know... but it's a great story

Atlantic Ram124July 02, 2019 08:09PM

"The Bone".

waterfield122July 02, 2019 07:31AM

I don't believe a word of it and am not even tempted

zn135July 02, 2019 06:00AM

But that leaves somewhat open the question...

JamesJM182July 02, 2019 06:51AM

Re: But that leaves somewhat open the question...

zn122July 02, 2019 07:23AM

So just a little digging..

Atlantic Ram111July 02, 2019 08:22PM

Re: So just a little digging..

zn130July 02, 2019 09:08PM

Seriously folks-aliens exist

waterfield119July 02, 2019 07:53AM

i believe you

Atlantic Ram110July 02, 2019 08:26PM