Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My favorite song my band is playing...

May 08, 2019 10:03PM
but oh good LORD not without complaint. My lead guitar/vocalist and bass player HATE it... with a PASSION they hate it. It's not guitar rock. And it's 'slow', as if that's good reason.

Tennesse Whiskey by Chris Stapleton... you know it, posted it, Mama didn't like it much. laughing smiley BUT...

It's a YouTube SMASH HIT... with hundreds of people singing it and posting it on YouTube and SOME of them are AMAZINGLY good.

anyway, my point is... I LOVE when songs cross 'genre' demarcations. And Tennessee Whiskey has done that better than any song I can think of for at least that last 30 years.

There is some argument about it, however..is it 'country', or is it 'blues'.... I dunno... I think, my opinion, it's both. But it's being played EVERYWHERE.... good LORD but even Hip-Hop fans are loving it.

I don't think it will play well for diehard metal fans... could be wrong, but I stand by that.

For most others... if you give it a chance, I think you'll like it.. NOT necessarily love it... but like it. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

My favorite song my band is playing...

JamesJM110May 08, 2019 10:03PM