Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Columbo..thanks to sstRams...

April 26, 2019 09:59PM
he guided me to a complete DVD set...which I bought. Little late in getting around to watching them BUT... I have finally done so.

It's as good as I remembered it being. Perhaps a little 'slower' in development as each episode progresses BUT with benefits - good acting, which can take time.

One big surprise... that I somehow forgot, or perhaps didn't appreciate originally... the name 'stars'. MEGA stars. At least 'mega' back then. Few today would recognize most of them, but I do.

Stars who would not normally lend their talents to a 'mere' TV show seem to have lined up to guest star on Columbo.

Not all of them did all that well, to be honest. laughing smiley But then... their very presence carried the day. A couple of them, actually, excelled, IMHO of course. Ray Milland, for example. As avid a fan as I am with old movies, classic actors, I NEVER thought of Ray Milland as a great actor... except, I think, in Dial M For Murder...in which his performance was probably more due to Hitchcock than he himself. But oh... hold on JamesJM...

Ray was great in his Columbo role.

Ok... switching up a bit...

Just watched an episode with the actress Arlen Martel. You don't know her, but actually you do. She played Spock's bride in the Star Trek episode. So how do I know that?

Well, I didn't, at first. She came on screen in the Columbo episode and I instantly thought, "Oh my word, this lady is gorgeous, and I KNOW her, but from where?' So I did the research.

We talked about this recently... most beautiful Star Trek women.... my choice was Sherry Jackson... and I hold to that... but Arlene? A very close second, VERY close. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Columbo..thanks to sstRams...

JamesJM199April 26, 2019 09:59PM