Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Passing League for Alumni...

March 17, 2019 06:08AM
ever play? My home town just hosted one.... my oldest grandson played... anyone can play that has graduated High School.

Big difference in ages... and I was most impressed by those who graduated all the way back to 1994. That's the oldest player I knew of but there were probably others older. I was impressed, seriously impressed.

It ended badly, however... In the championship game contact was made.. HARD contact. Legal... but ouch... the 'smack' was audible from a ½ mile away... and it brought out some hard feelings. Understandable. It was one of the older guys that got hurt.... and his team was playing my grandson's team. The poor guy was down for several minutes... NO lasting injury, I'm glad to report.

Unfortunately the age difference was a bit too much... as amazing as the old guys were, (and they WERE), they couldn't stand up to the younger teams.. and we, (Kerman), were a younger team. And so.. after what I thought sure was going to be a brawl it worked itself out... everyone shook hands, and they forfeited the game.. to prevent further injury. Smart move, I think.

Alumni games are fun... BUT... a 20yr old vs a 50yr old is too big a spread in age. In general, that is... but I learned that there ARE some 40-50 year old guys out there who 'still have game'. I'll mention only one... the QB for one of the teams was in his late 40's... he played 5 games yesterday... 30 minutes per game, throwing pass after pass after pass with MANY of them 40+ yards in the air. Had I done that my arm would have fallen off. He may be suffering today but I applaud that guy. "Rage, Rage against the dying of the light". - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Passing League for Alumni...

JamesJM133March 17, 2019 06:08AM

Do I want to know? Attachments

JamesJM67March 17, 2019 01:41PM

Re: Do I want to know?

MamaRAMa68March 17, 2019 02:38PM

That's good news indeed....

JamesJM60March 17, 2019 03:12PM

Re: That's good news indeed....

MamaRAMa67March 17, 2019 03:15PM

Maybe you don't. . .