Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Not sure what you mean...

November 15, 2018 01:23PM
sounds like you're wanting to keep your current router and add an extender or two? If you have an old router you could convert it to act as an extender.

The somewhat new Mesh systems... Google WiFi is one of them, are quite good. They are also quite expensive. The

Mesh basically means you have a main router and then as add-ons as many 'beacons', or extenders, as you need.

I have the Eero System. The main router and two beacons in a 3,500 sq ft house. I have no idea if it's any better or worse than the other ones but it works very well... in the country, like you, I have full signal throughout the house and good signal as far as 400' away from my house.

My Broadband service recommends the NetGear Mesh Router.

Google is the cheapest for just the router, (I think)... but when you add the beacons/extenders then it's similar to other systems. I just don't trust Google, myself... they spy on everything... I have no doubt they could empty my savings account, despite encryption, if they wanted too.

My Eero system is pretty much regarded as the easiest to set up... not the cheapest or most powerful.

I believe that at this current time the NetGear Orbi is the highest rated.

Extenders are pretty cheap if you go that route... not as easy to set up... can be a real headache if it doesn't match your router... and not as powerful either.. but they DO work. You can get those for as little as $40 each. If your current router is working fine for you I'd try that first. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

anybody use Google wifi

ferragamo79122November 15, 2018 12:52PM

Not sure what you mean...

JamesJM91November 15, 2018 01:23PM