Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Secretariats burial location...

October 16, 2018 08:03AM
Waterfield's post on the main board has me thinking 'horse racing'... and famous 'race horses'.

Missed a chance to go to the Fresno Fair Horse Races a couple of days ago because of my ear infection. My family went. I haven't been to the horse races LIVE in several years, and I miss it. I wouldn't put horse racing #2 on my favorites list, like Waterfield, but it's up there.

Every time I go through Willits, Calif my head spins thinking, "Seabiscuit is buried out there somewhere". No one today knows exactly where he's buried... the grave location lost, or at least very closely secreted by a few. If you google it you'll see some 'sad' theories that he may, today, be under a concrete and pavement parking lot.

I've written about this before but my favorite race horse, and I think Waterfield's as well if memory serves, is Citation. And the reason why is simple... at the Fresno Fair I once won one of those carnival prizes at a booth where you shot a water gun at a target and the more you hit the bullseye your race horse, (miniature models), would gallop around the track.... I won a sculpture of "Citation"... I had no idea who Citation was... but for whatever reason that sculpture fascinated me... and I began searching my school library for anything I could find regarding "Citation".

The fasciation continues to this day. Citation, and a few other race horses, I regard as highly as any human sports figure you can name. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Secretariats burial location...

JamesJM225October 16, 2018 08:03AM

I'm really not a horse race guy, but my favorite horse..

sstrams168October 16, 2018 08:21AM

My mom loved Barbaro

Atlantic Ram94February 10, 2019 09:52AM

Clairborne farms in Kentucky Attachments

waterfield159February 10, 2019 03:38PM