Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Friday Night Lights... and as an aside.. Texas... so sstRams...

September 21, 2018 10:17AM
you're involved whether you like it or not. laughing smiley

Many of my grandson's teammates at Reedley JC hail from Texas... I've met several of them. One of them has become best friends with my grandson and in fact is currently living at my daughter's home until he can get back in the dorm. I've asked most of these Texas guys about High School Football there... if it's as BIG as we hear.

The universal reply, "Bigger". laughing smiley They're actually surprised by the 'low attendance' at Reedley games... even shocked. ALL of them attend High School games around the area here in Ca. because "THAT IS WHAT YOU DO on Friday nights". A few them will be in Kerman tonight cheering on my second oldest grandson who QB's the Kerman Lions.... which leads to...

It's a little embarrassing... these 'college age kids' do not have that little 'brake' that prevents those biases and thoughts from coming out of their mouths. So we sit in the stands... one big family (Kerman is small town), respectful and courteous and Gavin's Reedley fans are screaming... "LET HIM PASS. YOU CAN'T DROP THOSE, THE PASS WAS PERFECT"... this regarding a receiver who we've known from childhood and are very close with.... he and his family. laughing smiley And since they're mostly HUGE boys... some OL in the 6'4" 300lb area... no one is about to chastise them.

And No... it's not as bad as I'm portraying it... they're just kids, and they don't get disrespectful... but my daughter does sometimes cringe a bit when they praise her son. laughing smiley
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Friday Night Lights... and as an aside.. Texas... so sstRams...

JamesJM127September 21, 2018 10:17AM

Yeah, I've read about that..

sstrams74September 21, 2018 11:10AM

Ain't that the truth.....

JamesJM96September 21, 2018 11:33AM