Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hottest football game EVER....

September 12, 2018 05:25AM
This last Saturday I attended my oldest grandson's football in Reedley, Ca. I survived... but only because I'm one tough old man... but even then, I barely survived.

As I left the game my car was giving a reading of 106 degrees. I've been to a game when it was 112.... (today games are cancelled if it gets that hot)... but Saturday's game was the most miserable I've ever experienced.

The players were on the field in black uniforms... Reedley was, anyway... I can't imagine what they endured. My grandson's football cleats had to be taped during the game because the plastic on the soles gave way. His weren't the only shoes to surrender.

Neither Reedley, nor our High School, has 'misters'..... I don't get that. They can put in artificial turf but not afford 'misters'?

So anyway... we didn't get any of the truly 'extremely' high temps this summer that we normally get. I don't think any day reached 110 this year... and normally we ALWAYS get a few of those. So I guess I should have been used to 106... but I wasn't. Hard truth to face but I simply can't handle the heat the was I used too. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Hottest football game EVER....

JamesJM168September 12, 2018 05:25AM

Re: Hottest football game EVER....

waterfield88September 12, 2018 06:38AM

Odd, the weather that is....

JamesJM135September 12, 2018 07:24AM

Re: Odd, the weather that is....

waterfield107September 12, 2018 10:10AM

the ice is melting

ferragamo79135September 12, 2018 01:13PM

waterfield I may have mentioned before..

sstrams103September 12, 2018 02:40PM