Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Am I a ghoul? I'd hate to think that, and yet...

August 07, 2017 10:16AM
unsolved murder mysteries tend to fascinate me... that need to 'know'. I can't explain it.... but I can say I'm no 'serial killer' fan... and hope they are currently or soon to be rotting in hell.

Serial killers do not interest me.. as such.. other than that 'need' to know 'why'. YET - two cases, in particular, do fascinate me... and I know 'fascinate' is not the right word here.

Jack the Ripper and the Zodiac Killer. Read an article today that theorizes that Jack The Ripper's identity may have been discovered. I don't really put much stock in the story... could be true, most likely not... but my point is: I had to read it.

The Zodiac Killer.. my interest here has a 'personal element'. In my early Army days met a guy who was more than odd. Hung out with him for a short while because after basic training he was the only one in my basic training company that went to the same school I did, (so he was the only guy I knew when I first arrived). At the time the Zodiac Killer, who committed his crimes quite close to where I live), was still in the news. Big news. I had read a lot about him. This Army friend, in a few conversations, I noticed was relating to me some 'info', if you will, that closely resembled the Zodiac Case.

I'll stop the "Army Friend" thing here.. no, I don't think he was the Zodiac, I KNOW he wasn't... but he got me very interested in the case... and since - I have read most everything about the Zodiac. It pains me to no end that he was never caught.. his identity never discovered. Why? I don't know... but I don't think I'm a ghoul. I think a lot of my interest is because he left so many clues, taunted the police relentlessly, and yet eluded capture or even discovery to this day. Almost certainly he has long been pushing up the daisies.

I don't like visiting websites dealing with these cases because too often the people discussing them don't seem to fully recognize the evil, the horror, that these killers were. They discuss the cases almost like one would discuss their favorite movie, or actor.... but NO, I don't think they are ghouls, no more than I am. (well, a handful probably are).

So anyway.... for reasons I don't fully understand... I'll go to my grave wondering 'who' they were. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Am I a ghoul? I'd hate to think that, and yet...

JamesJM308August 07, 2017 10:16AM