Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

That will be awesome, Jimmy...

May 18, 2017 03:28AM
Yeah, lotta headache for a drummer to bring the whole shebang... I don't think you'll goof that much.. I mean, the bare bones kit is still there, right? Just more stuff around it.. Is that a sampler you mentioned - with the congas etc? MY drummer runs one and I have a BLAST making samples for it to run during our shows.. Are you familiar with Rob Zombie? he uses a LOT of old sound bytes from famous horror movies etc and when we do his tunes, they would not sound right without them..

Children of the Grave - Zombie remix.. there's a segment where an announcer makes a heading statement about the Manson family killings followed by a sinister laugh... I go find an actual broadcast on youtube of the Manson Tate killings and take that and blend it with the psychotic, yet hilarious, laugh Tom Hanks does in The Money Pit when the bath tub falls through the ceiling..

On American Witch by Zombie there is a byte where a hot chick is moaning, like during sex... Guess where I got that? Meg Ryan in "When Harry Met Sally" in the FAMOUS diner scene.. To the casual person, the bytes sound the same, but we guy onstage know where they came from and quite often I crack up when they run...

I think you're full blown kit is gonna rock and you may have so much fun with it we rarely see you around here, anymore... Please send pics!

Friendship is like peeing your pants.. Everybody can see it, but only you can feel the warmth..

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

sstram... I'm going 'Full Kit' next gig...

JamesJM492May 17, 2017 09:47PM

That will be awesome, Jimmy...

sstrams212May 18, 2017 03:28AM

no Gong?

ferragamo79250May 18, 2017 08:29AM

YES!

sstrams202May 18, 2017 09:42AM

I can program a gong in....

JamesJM233May 18, 2017 11:22AM