Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Oddly...

March 12, 2017 08:03AM
the 'multi-sport' recommendation is desired by nearly all parents - a few exceptions for some who feel sure that their child is going pro. HOWEVER - the way things are set up in High School it's very difficult to be a multi-sport athlete. Practice schedules make it nearly impossible. Also, coaches are very paternal regarding their sport. Even to the point of some feuding and 'payback'... by that I mean... if one coach forbids one of his athletes to even attend a practice for another sport then the other coach retaliates.

But back to point... nearly all the parents I know wish for their kids to play multi-sports. My oldest grandson is now on the swim team, (hope they have a lifeguard because a swimmer he ain't) - and running Track... but he's getting away with this because they just brought back the Track & Field program at his High School so things are still a bit 'iffy' and being adjusted. My 2nd oldest grandson plays baseball... he is not allowed to participate in any other sport AT THE SAME time. That's odd to me... although they may have their reasons it seems to me - just as an example, (and NOT my grandson), that if a kid is, say, very fast... why can't he play baseball AND run the 100, (or whatever), as long as a game and the track meet don't conflict?

Football is the worst.... I swear High Schools are on the field practicing more than the Pros.... wellll, maybe not, but it can't be much different. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Baseball.. ethical? No? You decide.... I still liked it...

JamesJM502March 11, 2017 08:04AM

That's an easy one for me...

sstrams250March 11, 2017 10:03AM

ARRGGGHHHHH....

JamesJM248March 11, 2017 02:40PM

That's a good point..

sstrams218March 12, 2017 05:38AM

The rash of arm injuries these days is epidemic...

JamesJM225March 12, 2017 06:17AM

Re: The rash of arm injuries these days is epidemic...

waterfield217March 12, 2017 07:44AM

Oddly...

JamesJM250March 12, 2017 08:03AM

I tell ya what it is.

Ramgator247March 12, 2017 07:46AM