Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Every time I call DTV and I.....

September 29, 2016 04:14AM
do that maybe once a month maybe every two, in most cases it's a curiosity thang about one thing or the other but in every case so far my curiosity has been answered.
Back to my point, I usually yak with the person that is trying to address my question and I've actually brought up things like we are discussing here and in almost all cases they say yeah that is a good idea but I doubt DTV would go for it. I'm not surprised and I move on waiting for my question to be answered.

I called them last week because the picture was going black for a split second when I was doing any kind of rewinding, fast forward stuff, going through commercials and such, including talking heads blabber. When I resumed watching it would go through this 5 to 10 sequence of blip black screen with just the HDMI indicator at the top of the screen in 2 inch black black bar. Very annoying and yes the female technician (who was very patient and fun) came to the conclusion that the new receiver needed an update that might solve the problem.
She said late in the evening in the next 2 days an update she ordered would take place and said if it continues after a couple of days after the update to call back.
Well it's been over a week now and no black screen, I tell ya, I love DTV.

If only they had the urge to go the perfect mile satisfying some individual, personal needs that I guess are to specific to being very picky lol3 I guess I'm to much of an idea person, being so boring it's the little things that bother me lol3

On your input about not showing things going on on the field other than the game, if I'm not wrong the networks took the stance and policy a long time ago not to show the idiots at the stadium doing things that get themselves punched like they should for disrupting everyone else's space. I guess they figured it was giving them focused on attention that they were trying to get but IMO the order they received from breaking the law was what they should have gotten, ya know kind of a learning experience that all could see.

sstrams
That's a really cool idea - conference all between friends, during the game, through TV with no announcers..

"Do your own color commentary during the game. Because you KNOW you know it better than they do!"

I like it.. Sign me up! bow smiley

..and I know this kinda goes against your "stick to the game itself" thing, but I also want an additional picture in picture "drama" camera that actually films the field fights, the fans running on the field that get pummeled by the players etc.. its highly annoying to me when something like that happens and they cut away and won't show it.. I feel its PART of the game and 90k people get to see it at the stadium.. let it all hang out.. or not - we're just dreaming, anyway.. smiling smiley

RAM23
The Original HERD©
Dedicated Rams Fans
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

So sst, what did you do with your 1 hour delay with.....

RAM23730September 27, 2016 05:15AM

23, we just gotta hook you up..

sstrams395September 27, 2016 06:29AM

I think you've.....

RAM23507September 28, 2016 03:49AM

Dang, 23..

sstrams416September 28, 2016 04:23AM

LMAO sst, I guess great minds.....

RAM23516September 28, 2016 05:12AM

You are on fire today, 23...!

sstrams393September 28, 2016 06:12AM

Every time I call DTV and I.....