Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Agree with ya

October 16, 2019 03:55AM
SunTzu_vs_Camus
...and I was declared a silly person!!
Ramsey poll

Here's why it's a good deal...
I thought the Rams would pick a CB in the first round of the 2020 anyway. Heck, I had the Rams drafting 2 rookie CBs in the first & 2nd round this coming year cause we're losing Peters & talib. The Rams were gonna draft a CB at number 1 anyway this year. imo
Most likely a mid round/ 1st rounder pick for an unproven CB.

Would you use a single 1st round pick for caliber player like Ramsey?? Maybe an additional 2nd?? If so, then the this trade makes a lot of sense.The real cost was one EXTRA 1st round pick - since we'd expend one on Ramsey anyway - if there was a player like him that fell to us in the mid-first round this coming 2020 draft.

So, that is like getting a Top 5 pick in the mid round and we're only giving up 2 extra picks for one of the BEST CBs in the NFL.
Disregard the 4th rounder - that's a mid level roll of the dice.

As I posted earlier (that for some reason no one got)

I see this as follows:

max
If we make the playoffs this year then we draft no higher than 21st. That's worth 800 on the draft value chart. The following year it is worth less due to the time value of the draft, but lets be conservative and say 600, assuming we make the playoffs in 2020.

That's a total of 1400 which equates to the 8th pick in the draft overall.

Ramsey is clearly worth the 8th pick in any draft.

Note: a 4th round pick two years out is worth about 30 and in the noise in this calculus

So, to agree with you, it’s as if we traded up in next years draft using our 1st rounder and the following years 1st rounder and got Ramsey at #8 overall. Only we have him this year as well.

There is no doubt that Ramsey is better than any risk of a player that goes at #8 next year. (And #8 is a high number IMO)

The downside is the cap issue. Hopefully, the NFL raises the cap ceiling.

~ max ~
“The consciousness of good intentions disdains ambiguity.” - Alexander Hamilton

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2019 03:56AM by max.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

I told ya'll bout the Ramsey trade 3 weeks ago....

SunTzu_vs_Camus373October 16, 2019 03:39AM

Agree with ya

max167October 16, 2019 03:55AM

yup, Max...

SunTzu_vs_Camus148October 16, 2019 04:11AM

Thx, Sun

max160October 16, 2019 04:45AM

Good explanation Sun and Max!

Ram Fan Teacher100October 16, 2019 05:06AM

Re: I told ya'll bout the Ramsey trade 3 weeks ago....

Classicalwit80October 16, 2019 05:23AM

Help me understand the contract issues

RamUK108October 16, 2019 05:28AM