Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

This board often reminds how behind the times I am...

July 17, 2019 06:24AM
The level of expertise regarding WR routes, Defense Line strategies, etc etc etc often boggles my mind.

Said this before...the game has passed me by... I'm content these days to mostly sit back and enjoy the games without trying to get into the nuts and bolts.... which makes me glad younger posters more than cover for my laziness.

Had an interesting experience a couple of days ago.... my oldest grandson was just given access to his College HUDL page... where they game plan, via video, for the upcoming season. I sat with him as he watched video after video of the 'passing game', him taking notes and commenting on what was in the video.

We were about 15 seconds into this 'research' when I realized he was speaking a language I did not speak, much less understand. Nearly every frame of each clip he would read the coaches notes, (each clip is commented on), and make his own observations... from feet placement, to initial move off the line, to reading the DB or LB covering the receiver, every little nuance of every single step after the ball was snapped.

He would make comments like - "THERE, the WR should have read this DB move and adjusted by (whatever)". I couldn't see it.. he'd have to replay the clip a few times in slo mo until I could see it.

I have been very, VERY, guilty in the past of saying "Football ain't rocket science"... but the truth is - it's damn close. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

This board often reminds how behind the times I am...

JamesJM193July 17, 2019 06:24AM

Here's a good article on personnel groupings

3030120July 17, 2019 06:34AM

Sometime I get things right...

JamesJM74July 17, 2019 06:47AM