Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Know how to determine when a team’s roster is loaded?

July 01, 2019 08:58AM
It’s when legit battles for starting positions are few and far between. By this definition, Rams are indeed loaded.

Here are the only legit starting positions that are considered at all up in the air.

In no particular order:

Backup RB. Not even as starter, if Gurley is healthy. Can Henderson prove himself in pass pro? If yes, then he could get significant snaps ahead of the talented Brown. Still tbd, of course, and might be a reach to call a battle, and for backup, at that.

Blythe at RG seems to be the only even remote battle for OL starter and I think Blythe is the definite consensus favorite. The other 4 are locks, I think. Heck, might be another reach to call this a battle.

I think Everett has secured the “starter” position at TE, so that isn’t really a battle anymore, IMO.

Okay, I have to admit that I have to really strain to find a legit battle for starting position anywhere on the O. Lol.

A few battles on D, though.

Gaines or Joseph-Day next to AD? One will be the starter, but the other will surely have many snaps in rotation. This one might be the most competitive for starter of all.

Brockers or JFM? Don’t laugh. Brockers is not an absolute lock to start and must come back healthier and more effective if he wants to stave off the improving JFM. Not the biggest battle in camp, but a battle nonetheless.

Edge looks like a rotation situation but only when Matthews either moves inside or gets a breather, and he will likely need quite a few breathers. Ebu or Obo? Or someone else that steps up? Technically, this is a battle for backup but it’s still about significant snaps. Here’s a thought. What if Kiser excels on first 2 downs? That would mean Matthews would be able to stay at Edge except for breathers, right? Wouldn’t that be best case scenario for the Rams? I think that this could actually happen.

I see no legit battles in the secondary for starting positions. That starting 5 is set.

So, how many legit starter battles are there, really? Two, maybe 3?

That sounds like a loaded roster to me. Elite even.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Know how to determine when a team’s roster is loaded?

Rams43411July 01, 2019 08:58AM

Re: Know how to determine when a team’s roster is loaded?

Killrazor152July 01, 2019 11:29AM

Re: Know how to determine when a team’s roster is loaded?

LMU93134July 01, 2019 12:30PM

My opinion....

roman18130July 01, 2019 11:37AM