Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

20 Random pre-draft thoughts post by AvengerRam...

April 23, 2019 07:34AM
Here’s AvengerRam...

20 RANDOM PRE-DRAFT THOUGHTS POST

1. I'm a big draft fan. To me, its the oasis in the desert of the offseason.

2. Its nice, after two years without a first round pick, to have the possibility of learning the name of a new Ram on Thursday...

3. ...barring a trade into Friday, which would not shock me in the least.

4. I have the Rams taking Dexter Lawrence, DT, Clemson, in Round 1. I am not overly confident with this pick, though, as I would not be surprised if he's gone by pick #31, or if the Rams go for an OL or DB instead.

5. I find it amusing that Daniel Jeremiah, who originated the "Rams may be considering a RB in Round 1" chatter, has the Rams taking a center with their first pick in his final mock draft.

6. I feel like, if the Rams are drafting for 2019, they will take an OL, DL or ILB, while if they are drafting for the future, they'll take an EDGE, CB or S.

7. There are some recent rumblings suggesting that the Cardinals could pass on Kyler Murray. While I'm guessing these rumors will prove untrue, if they do pass on him, I could see him falling several spots, as he clearly is not a fit for every system.

8. Though I'm sure some will disagree, of the first round prospects, I place the highest "bust potential" on Dwayne Haskins.

9. I won't be surprised if Devin White ultimately proves to the best player in this draft.

10. I really don't want the Rams to draft Jeffrey Simmons. I get why some think he'd be a good option, but I really think we're too close to the promised land to waste draft capital on a guy who likely won't provide any boost until 2020.

11. I've read that Montez Sweat could fall due to his heart condition. Assuming the doctors are giving him the thumbs up, I'd roll the dice there. The Rams did so with Robert Quinn (brain tumor) in the past, and it panned out well for several years.

12. Jachai Polite is a guy worth watching. I've seen a few mocks that have him lasting well into Day 2. While there are guys I'd rather have at #31, at some point he could become a value pick.

13. If you don't like people who brag on the SEC, you probably won't like this draft. There could easily be 5-6 SEC players taken in the top 10.

14. The Rams could, in theory, take David Long... twice. I actually wouldn't mind if they did.

15. I wonder if some team... maybe even the Rams... might look at Trace McSorley as a guy who could play a Taysom Hill-type role...

16. I also wonder if the Sean McVay might look at a guy like Tyree Jackson and say... "I can work with that lump of clay and produce a masterpiece."

17. I'd put decent odds on the Rams taking a RB, and even better odds on it not happening before Day 3.

18. If there is one draft surprise I anticipate happening then I don't know the definition of the word "surprise."

19. Given the choice, I'd rather be invited to the draft weekend war room than a game day sideline.

20. SPOILER ALERT: Whomever the Rams draft, I'll look at the bright side of their potential.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

20 Random pre-draft thoughts post by AvengerRam...

Rams43312April 23, 2019 07:34AM

Re: 20 Random pre-draft thoughts post by AvengerRam...

idaram182April 23, 2019 07:58AM

Devin White

Ramboni150April 23, 2019 02:41PM