Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I really doubt that Snead will trade up in the 1st round...

April 10, 2019 12:10PM
Yeah, he might be kinda tempted if certain players are falling, but I think he will just let the 1st round come to him.

Here’s my thinking...

Rams don’t have any gaping holes with the possible exception of DL. That gives Snead enormous flexibility to select his perceived BPA for the Rams.

There will be terrific football players sitting there at #31. It’s inevitable. Snead can pick his favorite from among maybe 11 different positions. What a perfect situation for an excellent evaluator to find himself.

A trade up would not only cost Snead a precious premium pick, but it would also forfeit any possibility of a modest tradedown into the top of the 2nd while adding another 4th, maybe even a 3rd if the trade partner has fallen in love with a player that fell to #31 (and the 5th year option). That would be a double whammy to Snead, I imagine.

Many pundits have declared that there is a plateau from around pick 25-45, give or take. Meaning that evaluation-wise there is little difference among these 20 players. If true, then Snead would have a powerful incentive to agree to a modest tradedown.

Anybody doubting my “plateau” comment need look no further than a random selection of top 50-100 player rankings to see the wild variation in perceived value for numerous players. Bradbury and Winovich being two excellent examples. So it’s no stretch to say that perhaps the 32 GM’s might also have widely different opinions about the value of many different players for their 32 different teams.

More I think about it, the more convinced I am that Snead is NOT gonna trade up. He will be happy to stay at #31 or maybe even hope and pray for a tradedown offer that makes sense.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

I really doubt that Snead will trade up in the 1st round...

Rams43296April 10, 2019 12:10PM

Re: I really doubt that Snead will trade up in the 1st round...

David Deacon146April 10, 2019 12:25PM

Re: Devil's advocate...

dzrams105April 10, 2019 01:37PM

Re: Devil's advocate...

Rams43143April 10, 2019 02:08PM

Re: I really doubt that Snead will trade up in the 1st round...

bigjimram2162April 10, 2019 02:43PM

I agree, Snead will NOT trade up

NewMexicoRam72April 10, 2019 03:09PM