Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sean McVay explains Rams' decision to sign Blake Bortles

March 21, 2019 04:21PM

“I think when you look at the production over the course of his career, a guy that has played in some big-time games, has some athleticism and some different things that we like. There’s obviously a history and a rapport that he and Jared have,” McVay said on Thursday. “I think, to be able to get a player of his caliber to be able to come in and be willing to be a backup, be a mentor to Jared, when they have a preexisting relationship. And somebody that’s won a lot of football games. I mean, you’re talking about a year removed from a great game in the divisional round against Pittsburgh and right down to the wire in the AFC Championship against New England.”

The recent success of the Rams, having made the playoffs twice and reached the Super Bowl, also led Les Snead to seek a backup with experience – someone who could keep the ship above water if they had to make a change at quarterback for whatever reason.

It was the experience factor,” Snead said. “When you’re kind of in the phase that we are, we do want to continue winning and having a quarterback who’s been there, done that, definitely helps if you ever have to go to the bullpen.”

Go to Full Article
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Snead on Why Bortles Was the Right Choice for the Rams

RamBill393March 21, 2019 04:03PM

RamBill186March 21, 2019 04:21PM