Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My 2-cents thoughts

February 15, 2019 06:08AM
UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENTS (12)

QB Sean Mannion

- We know he's been less than impressive on the field, my question is how important is he as a clipboard holder? If he's important to Goff/McVay's read on the game he's worth the $. Otherwise we may be better off in the disgraced former starting QB market (ex. Blake Bortles) With LeFleur & Taylor installing the McVay offense on their new teams, Mannion might be an attractive teacher for their respective starters.

S Lamarcus Joyner

- Time to move on. Whatever promise he showed in 2017 disappeared in 2018 along with his coverage skills.

RB C.J. Anderson

- On one hand he saved our season. On the other the McVay/Gurley run game went into a funk with him on the roster. Todd seems to be pouting and McVay leaned too heavily on him. I can see C.J. getting a better offer from the Steelers, Packers or Bengals. With us committed to Gurley I can't see paying C.J. what he's going to be worth.

CB Sam Shields
LB Ramik Wilson

- Only at the right low price for both of these guys. Nice depth but no real future with the team either.

LB Bryce Hager

- Probably needs to move on. You can't pay vet salary for a special teams guy.

OLB Dante Fowler

- I'd keep him, but I wouldn't bust the bank or give a long term deal. Got better as he became more comfortable in the defense. A good candidate for a one-year "prove it" contract.

LG Rodger Saffold

-Keep keep keep. How can you not? But could Taylor and the Bengals lure him back to his Ohio roots with enough money?

OLB Dominique Easley

- The Sam Bradford of the defense. I don't see how his knee will ever hold up. Time to move on.

DL Ndamukong Suh

- Move on. Square peg in a round hole. Suh isn't a NT, so that means Brockers had to be the space eater, which isn't his best role either. It was an interesting experiment, but not one I see as worth continuing.

DL Ethan Westbrooks

- Shrug. Solid enough player but I wouldn't overpay. If he leaves he'll have a journeyman career.

OLB Matt Longacre

- Much like Joyner, his 2017 promise disappeared in 2018. I have to imagine he can be replaced.

RESTRICTED FREE AGENTS (4)
S Blake Countess
CB Troy Hill
RB Malcolm Brown
LB Cory Littleton

- Keep them all. I'd offer long term deals to all but Hill.

EXCLUSIVE-RIGHTS FREE AGENTS (6)
WR KhaDarel Hodge
WR JoJo Natson
CB Kevin Peterson
CB Dominique Hatfield
OLB Garrett Sickles
DE Morgan Fox

- Keep them all if we can. Peterson & Fox showed promise. Hodge had a good preseason. Unless we find another kick returner, Natson is the best we've got. Really not a fan of Hatfield, but he has experience in the system.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Complete list of Rams 2019 Free Agents

RamBill421February 14, 2019 07:55PM

didn't realize Morgan Fox was an ERFA

LMU93187February 15, 2019 03:45AM

My 2-cents thoughts

3030231February 15, 2019 06:08AM

Re: My 2-cents thoughts

LMU93167February 15, 2019 07:25AM

oldschoolramfan176February 15, 2019 07:45AM