Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rams are loaded with excellent players at many positions, no doubt...

February 14, 2019 07:43AM
However...

There are still upgrades at a number of positions needed to ensure a SB return, don’t you think?

I’m just talking starters here, mind you. And if a player isn’t under contract for ‘19 then I’m counting that as a hole.

In no particular order here are my Snead offseason requests:

C. Sully has been great but an upgrade is now needed.
LG. Extending Saffold is highly desirable if not an outright “must have”. Only question is his salary demands.
DL. Suh is a goner and won’t be extended, so this is a huge hole.
Edge rusher. TWO needed. Ebu is NOT the answer on one side. These two positions are critical to ‘19 success. Can’t be overstated, IMO.
MLB. Barron can’t be counted on for 16 games, anymore. Overpriced and only moderately effective when he does play. Big need here.
FS. Joyner is an obvious goner.

That’s it among starters, I think. I thought it would be a longer list when I started, tbh.

Now for the rest of the holes that are critical, although among non-starters.

Backup QB. I’m open to all suggestions here. FA, draft, or trade? Gotta do SOMETHING.
Backup RB. A genuine need since Kelly doesn’t seem to have McVay’s confidence. But either MB or JC should be just fine. Still, it’s a current “need”.
OL depth. Pending OL changes could really move this one up the priority ladder.

Somehow, some way the Ram brain trust must fill and hopefully upgrade those top 7 positions that I listed. Demoff must find the money, Snead must acquire the players, and McVay must coach ‘em up.

Last offseason was a good start. Can they finish the job thus offseason? If they do, then I see a return to the SB in our future. Both our O and our D would be virtually unstoppable.

One last thing, fwiw. If Snead can come up with two “very good” edge rushers then we are halfway home. They needn’t be elite, but they do need to be very good. That’s my single biggest item on my offseason wish list. Sigh...
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Rams are loaded with excellent players at many positions, no doubt...

Rams43590February 14, 2019 07:43AM

Re: Rams are loaded with excellent players at many positions, no doubt...

Deadhead Ram234February 15, 2019 10:04AM

Replacements

OzRam222February 16, 2019 06:00AM

Suh vs Brockers

BC Ramsfan206February 18, 2019 07:30AM