Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: after Saturday Cowboys will have played the L.A. Rams in more playoff games than any other franchise

January 10, 2019 05:09PM
i'm shocked and in disbelief that the rams have actually split the post season record head to head with the cowboys. i remember being tormented by the cowboys and the vikings from the late 60's through the 70's, especially by roger staubach. here's something i posted on the st louis rams message board realramsfans back when this happened to me:

Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:57 pm Post subject: Don't Worry, I Finally Got Him Back For Us Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post
this one's for you ol' time rams fans and those who just hate the cowboys.

not that long ago, i got into the elevator at work and there two guys already in there that are clearly from outside the company. as i get in, they stop talking to each other and one of them looks me dead in the eyes with this look of anticipation like he knows i'm gonna say something to him and he's bracing for it. Confused

i'm thinking this guy looks real familiar. i know who this guy is! and i can feel my face beginning to involuntarily curdle as i realize who this guy looks like : it's roger staubach. i hate roger staubach - the things he did to me as a kid were nothing short of child abuse, the way he kept my rams from advancing in the post season. fargin' bastage !

but how could this guy in the elevator be roger stauback? i work in connecticut. for a business equipment and services company. wtf would roger staubach be doing here? scratching my head.

we had been starring at each other for a couple of seconds now and as my face got more and more gnarled under the belief that i was eyeball to eyeball with my personal prince of darkness from my youth, so did his. finally he gave up anticipating my acknowleding him and resumed his conversation with his colleague, complaining and making derrogatory comments about "shirley", our facilities director. meanwhile, i convinced myself that there was no way roger staubach was in the elevator and concluded my ride in silence.

i didn't give the occurrence much thought after that except for the rare occasion that i would see roger staubach on tv. so just yesterday morning on my shuttle ride into work from the train station i'm making small talk with "laverne", who as it fate would have it, works for "shirley" in our facilities department. in the course of our conversation it comes out out that they are considering staubach co., a real estate firm out of dallas, to work with on some up-coming projects at our headquarters. "laverne" confirmed that roger staubach was "in the building" around the time i thought i saw him in the elevator.

naturally i took the opportunity to share staubachs disparaging comments about "shirley" the facilities director with "laverne". not only does "laverne" report directly to "shirley", but they are friendly outside of work. "laverne" was taken aback by staubachs unkind comments and is sure to relay them to "shirely", who is the one in charge of hiring the real estate firm for these upcoming projects . . .

yippee ki aye roger staubach. we don't take kindly to cowboys 'round these parts of ram nation so that one's for the 1973 divisional playoff game . . . . hoss. and if your firm does get hired anyway, that'll just give me an opportunity to return the favor for the '75 and '78 playoffs.

p.s. ran into "laverne" on an evening shuttle ride afterwards and she says she might be able to get me an autograph! i said "cool, please do"
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

after Saturday Cowboys will have played the L.A. Rams in more playoff games than any other franchise

JoeMad549January 10, 2019 09:18AM

Well, other than.....

NewMexicoRam228January 10, 2019 12:47PM

Re: after Saturday Cowboys will have played the L.A. Rams in more playoff games than any other franchise

george_allen193January 10, 2019 05:09PM

My connection with Roger Staubach..

sstrams259January 11, 2019 08:15AM

Re: My connection with Roger Staubach..

oldschoolramfan188January 11, 2019 08:17AM

Yeah, funny!

sstrams122January 11, 2019 08:35AM

That was HILARIOUS...

JamesJM115January 11, 2019 01:57PM

Being a Ram fan isn't easy, Jimmy..

sstrams165January 11, 2019 02:00PM

Re: at the 78 game......