Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What I liked about game 2

August 20, 2018 10:03AM
The improvement on defensive coherence.

In game 1, people were in the wrong places and not linking up to contain. Hey, that's understandable with lots of newbies.

In game 2, a huge amount of that lack of communication and coherence was c leaned up. During those 1st half series when we stuffed the Raiders, the unit functioned as a tightly knit unit. Guys were in the right place making sound plays. I loved it when, on 3rd down, a dump off pass was instantly contained and stuffed.

I just felt I was seeing clear evidence of a defensive staff that knows how to organize a couple of dozen players and get them working together. Game 1 to Game 2 ... palpable evidence of how Wade has been so successful over the years from team to team.

It isn't all about talent, and it isn't necessarily about scheme. We have had talented defenses in recent years led by guys known for their schemes. But we would be gashed over and over because people didn't play together or contain threats. Gawd, I hated that.

Disciplined, interlinked deployment and solid play making and tackling. That's so much better than flamboyant complexity that alternates between making big plays and getting gashed for ill discipline.

Didn't see the starters. But I really enjoyed the unit playing together.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

What I liked about game 2

RFL568August 20, 2018 10:03AM

Great observation. I like that, too. nm.

Saguaro123August 20, 2018 10:32AM

Re: think so

leafnose151August 22, 2018 03:53AM