Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Interesting Wildflecken post after PS Game One...

August 15, 2018 06:59AM
Here’s Wildflecken...

1.) Lets squash quickly the growing dissent with McVays approach to the offseason. Having the Rams do joint practices with a team that has already played their first preseason contest and playing his second team against their starters in the Rams first preseason contest in my book is sheer brilliance.

No better indicator of your depth's potential than having them play against another teams ones. If disaster strikes during season and you need these players to step into a starting role the rest of the season, well you need to know which ones are ready and can be counted on. The current two's who did not step? They will be pushed by the players currently behind them on depth chart.

2.) The multiple news sites reporting Rams and Donald are very close to a deal is welcome news indeed. Wade built this roster around Donald's talent inside and the chatter the Cowboys were offering two future round one choices were a little concerning.

Two ones would be fair compensation, but Rams went all in this offseason to make a run at a championship. Trading Donald would make that run much, much more difficult in 2018. In fact it could end those hopes before season began.

3.) Franklin Meyers is a future pro bowler in this league.

4.) A poster indicated Davis Webb could be had for a low round draft choice. Not the worst idea I have heard. Never liked the Mannion selection from day one. Anyone who remembers Pop/Hammer, well we debated that selection deeply.

I was fairly high on Webb and thought he had a great senior bowl showing.
Drafted by last regime in NY and is NOT a scheme fit qb under Shurmer. Webb backing up Goff with Rams makes too much sense to not explore it if rumors are true Giants are looking to salvage a late round pick for him.

5.) Dick had a fairly spot on analysis on his thread regarding the oline depth. If Allen is on PS season one, well does not mean he is a bust. Allen is restricted to the C position only and numbers may dictate McVay cannot find a spot on the 53 for him. Nothing about Allen's progress to date however has me believing he is not the Rams future long term solution at C. He has a nasty demeanor and finishes blocks. May need more than one short offseason to be ready to handle the pre snap reads however. Look for Allen to push Sullivan in 2019. Lets hope Rams don't need to call on him in 2018.

All three of the olineman added this offseason, (Noteboom, Allen, Demby) will highly benefit from a year inside an NFL training regiment in the weightroom and beyond.

If McVay only carries 8 offensive lineman again in 2018 on the final 53 here is how I beleive it will play out:

Noteboom, Blythe, Demby and Eldrenkamp will make final 53 out of camp while Brown serves two game suspension. The winner of the Demby, Eldrenkamp battle will stick on 53 when Brown returns with Demby having a slight advantage due to ability to play ROT.

The possibility exists Brown himself could be odd man out. Kromer has a lot of combo possibilities if Blythe, Demby or Eldrenkamp would take the opening at ROG created by the Brown suspension and prove they deserve the spot for the remainder of season by their performance in first two contests. Blythe, Eldrenkamp and Allen can all serve as the depth Center for 2018 if Blythe or Eldrenkamp wins the ROG job outright.

5.) Josh Reynolds did not help himself in preseason game one not coming up with the catch in quarter one. Rams are very deep at the wr position and Reynolds needs to prove he is not a one dimensional talent.

Go Rams!
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Interesting Wildflecken post after PS Game One...

Rams43358August 15, 2018 06:59AM

Re: Interesting Wildflecken post after PS Game One...

Steve136August 15, 2018 09:11AM

Re: Interesting Wildflecken post after PS Game One...

dzrams111August 15, 2018 09:59AM