Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Charles Robinson's Rams Tweets

July 30, 2018 04:18PM
Charles Robinson@CharlesRobinson --Senior NFL reporter for Yahoo.

Thoughts departing #Rams camp:

1. I think the Aaron Donald deal gets done before the season. The two sides aren't far apart here. It's a matter of massaging numbers that will make Donald the #NFL's highest paid defensive player. It only collapses if Donald waits on Khalil Mack.

2. Rookie DE John Franklin-Myers is one to watch for the #Rams. Big, active. Staff likes what they see.

3. TE Gerald Everett is comfortable. Processing faster. He'll take a step.

4. Aqib Talib & Marcus Peters are already vibing. Great fit. Far more chemistry in this secondary.

**The ability of Ndamukong Suh to absorb a schematic tweak and implement it anywhere on the #Rams defensive line has defensive coordinator Wade Phillips thinking of JJ Watt’s prime. Not to mention Suh’s talent level, which apparently isn’t sliding on film.

**I don't think the #Rams fear Donald becoming an RFA. Maybe they would if things had been contentious. But I don't get any sense this has been a bitter negotiation. Both sides want to get it done in LA. They're not killing each other behind the scenes.

**Another thing about the #Rams, I've been very skeptical of Sean McVay supposedly having a photographic memory. When we were talking this week, he recalled our conversation from one year ago and exactly where we were standing when we had it. I'm not memorable. It was weird.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Charles Robinson's Rams Tweets

RamBill714July 30, 2018 04:18PM

great stuff... the read of the day

zn271July 30, 2018 05:20PM

Re: great stuff... the read of the day

leafnose250July 30, 2018 06:23PM

Re: great stuff... the read of the day

Classicalwit166July 30, 2018 09:18PM

the part on Donald comes down to this

LMU93163July 31, 2018 03:29AM