Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: He got a bad name in the draft process

July 02, 2018 06:39AM
ESPN link

A trashed hotel room at the NFL scouting combine in Indianapolis belonged to Clemson wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins and Rutgers wide receiver Mark Harrison, according to league sources.

Recently, Yahoo! Sports reported that a room shared by two players was left in bad condition, but did not identify the occupants. It was learned this week, multiple sources told ESPN, that the room belonged to Hopkins and Harrison.

NFL sources also told ESPN they believe Harrison is not responsible for what happened to the room.

His agent, Ed Wasielewski, also said Harrison was not involved.

"My client completely denies having anything to do with the hotel incident," he said.

Hopkins' agent, Hadley Engelhard, said of his client: "He had as much to do with anything in that room as you did."

Hopkins told FOXSports.com on Thursday night that the room was fine when he checked out.

"Luckily, thank God, my agent got my flight booked early or it really would've been questionable if I did [it] or not," he said. "My agent got my flight booked early. He told me hurry up.

"I got done before Mark Harrison, so I was already packed. I already took a shower and packed and everything. Mark came in and we spoke for at least 20 minutes about the combine. Then the bellman came in and helped me get my bags out. And I left. That's, honestly, all I can say."

Hopkins told FOXSports.com that he hopped on a flight and heard the news that his room was trashed and covered in "feces" the next day from Engelhard.

He also told the website that he feels Harrison had nothing to do with the incident.

"I say check the cameras," Hopkins said in the interview. "That's the best way that you're going to get the answer. Check the cameras and check the timing of everything."

Harrison's former coach at Rutgers, Kyle Flood, quickly came to Harrison's defense, as well.

"I've been in this program (at Rutgers) for eight years, and Mark was a three-year starter," Flood said. "He's been on a lot of road trips and we've never had a single disciplinary issue with him. He's a model of the type of person we want here at Rutgers. It would be so out of character to be involved in this that I just cannot imagine under any circumstance that it would happen and involve him."

Urine and feces were found around the bathroom, toothpaste was left on the mirror and partially eaten food was on one of the beds, sources told ESPN. Neither player made any attempt to clean up the mess, according to witnesses, and neither player has taken responsibility for the room. But, the NFL community is now well aware of which players occupied it.

One NFL coach expressed disappointment to hear that Hopkins, regarded as a potential second-round pick, may have been involved.

What makes the conduct of the players disappointing to NFL teams is National Football Scouting president Jeff Foster warns each player at the start of the combine that all eyes will be on them and they will be evaluated from the moment they arrive in Indianapolis until the moment they leave.

The room Hopkins and Harrison shared was on the first floor of the Crowne Plaza where players stay and teams conduct interviews. At the end of the combine, some scouts took pictures of the room because of its condition, according to sources. Teams also have inquired more and more about which players stayed in the room.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

DeAndre Hopkins doesn't get love he deserves...

jemach365July 01, 2018 05:47PM

Re: DeAndre Hopkins doesn't get love he deserves...

XXXIVwin286July 02, 2018 12:36AM

amen...

LMU93207July 02, 2018 02:14AM

Mine too...fantasy advice...

jemach196July 02, 2018 03:04AM

He got a bad name in the draft process

max224July 02, 2018 04:07AM

Re: He got a bad name in the draft process

Atlantic Ram248July 02, 2018 06:39AM

Re: yeah I think you're right

Speed_Kills215July 02, 2018 04:31AM

I agree he is outstanding (nm)