Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The Daily Dose: ESPN Projects NFC West Champions and Potential Offseason Moves

February 21, 2018 03:44PM
Link

This offseason, theRams.com will be taking a look around the internet for the top Rams headlines of the day. Here’s a look at what’s out there for Tuesday, Feb. 21st about your Los Angeles Rams:

Three Years Out, Projecting NFC West Titles and The Team Best Set at QB:

ESPN’s NFC West reporters Alden Gonzalez (Rams), Brady Henderson (Seahawks), Nick Wagoner (49ers), and Josh Weinfuss (Cardinals) answer two key questions about the NFC West division and how its teams will set up in the immediate future.

The projections are based on a three-year window.

Three years from now, which team will have the best quarterback situation?

— Gonzalez: 49ers QB Jimmy Garoppolo

— Henderson: Seahawks QB Russell Wilson

— Wagoner: Seahawks QB Russell Wilson

— Weinfuss: 49ers QB Jimmy Garoppolo

Which team will win the most division titles in the next three years?

— Gonzalez: Los Angeles Rams

— Henderson: Los Angeles Rams

— Wagoner: Los Angeles Rams

— Weinfuss: Los Angeles Rams

Five Moves all 16 NFC Teams Should Make this Offseason:

ESPN Staff Writer Bill Barnwell previewed the beginning of each NFC team’s offseason by identifying the first five things it should do during this down time.

Here is the outlook for the Rams according to Barnwell:

1. Cut Tavon Austin and let Sammy Watkins walk

2. Franchise Lamarcus Joyner

3. Find a replacement for Trumaine Johnson

4. Pick up Todd Gurley's fifth-year option

5. Re-sign Aaron Donald

To read more about his reasoning for each, click here.

Looking Back on Donald’s Combine Performance:

With just one week left until the 2018 NFL Scouting Combine kicks off in Indianapolis, now seems like the perfect time to look back on combine performances of the past. On Wednesday, check below to see Rams defensive tackle Aaron Donald’s impressive showcase in the 2014 Combine:

Donald's Combine vid

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

The Daily Dose: ESPN Projects NFC West Champions and Potential Offseason Moves

Ramsdude573February 21, 2018 03:44PM