Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: from the Area of Parrots and Roses

February 23, 2018 06:16AM
CraigMatson
DomerRam
I lived in Pasadena for four years but recently moved to South Pas thinking it would be a quieter environment. Little did I know that these damn San Gabriel Valley parrots particularly love the tree in my damn backyard!

OMG those things are a plauge in the Area .
I don't know how far they extend but if the Coyotes around the area had wings we would have less attrition of family cats and dogs I'm sure .
If it ain't one thing it's another but at least we'd never see a congregation of 400 -1000 skunks ., squirrels or possums between four or five trees all squawking like its a Amazon rain forest reunion.
We need eagles and Falcons and Hawks to strafe the lot of them to the winds .
Curse the Idiots who let the original sires loose and created the cocaphony of noisy beaks and ruffling feathers .
I think if they ever interrupt a Rams game I'm taking matters into my own bloody hands .
Sling shots at least .
And mad yells .

I'm up in the foothills in Sierra Madre next door and those insepid raving things frequently swarm by with those horrid shrieks...I was "told" they nest in the palm trees. Seriously though I just the other day watched a cartoonish flock of what must of been at least 500 flying in arrow formation like they were headed south for the winter or something. I woulda killed to see some Hawks carve em up!

I prefer the coyotes. at least the bears are mute! yeah there is one bird that sometimes comes around in the morning that makes me think I'm waking up in Jurassic Park or something.... can't figure out what that one is yet. Gotta be the "Amazon" bird you speak of.

Another wildlife 'curiosity' I recently found out is that deer actually love to eat peoples roses. It's pretty funny to watch. People flip the hell out when the devour they're prize plants in seconds flat. I had no idea there was any nutritional value in a rose. Clueless. And I grew up in Pasadena.

But as for places to stay, the Old Huntington Sheraton or whatever its called now is probably a safe bet...

Adjacent to the Hotel are Botanical Gardens as well as an Art Museum.

If your concerned for whatever reason about safety or heard horror stories about LA I wouldn't worry too much about the area. I grew up literally right down the street.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Needing Help on where to stay in LA

The_Zone704February 15, 2018 06:43PM

Re: Needing Help on where to stay in LA

Houston Ram351February 17, 2018 04:37AM

LMU93303February 17, 2018 08:29AM

Rampage2K-292February 17, 2018 01:04PM

Re: The Langham in Pasadena.

DomerRam382February 17, 2018 05:48PM

I like Pasadena too