Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A “Let’s start Gerald Everett” post by Merlin...

November 20, 2017 08:26PM
Don’t know about y’all, but this makes a ton of sense to me...

Here’s Merlin...

I've been mentioning this now for a few weeks at least, that Higbee just isn't delivering what a McVay offense requires. He can't do it. One guy on him, in his grill, and Higs will drop seemingly half the passes thrown to him. It started and was noted in camp, continued in preseason and the regular season, and here we are TEN GAMES in to Higbee's second season and he's the same guy.

Higbee is a JAG.

Nobody is more disappointed in that than myself, but it is what it is. And when you look at this offense the TE position overall is nowhere near what it should be in production. Now, some of that has been made up by Gurley just like we saw Marshall eating up some TE type passing game/routes usage back in the day.

But when it comes to playing top defenses this offense is missing a big target over the middle. It's not there.

Enter Everett. He is our only hope of capturing that element at last for this offense, and putting them over the hump for being able to handle hostile playoff environments against disciplined and physical defenses. We are offensively what Seattle said we are: a finesse offense. Sure, we can run the ball well, but we don't have security blanket passing game elements outside of Woods. I do think Kupp is going to give us very good play down the stretch too from that perspective but vs top defenses we're going to need that "third kinda heat."

We need the TE position to step up. Higs ain't gonna do that. It has to be Everett. He has the hands, the elusiveness after the catch to make things happen off script. He can bring the ball in as a security blanket option when a DB or LB is hanging on him. Let's go McVay, end the Higbee experiment by radically increasing Everett's role in this offense.

It's time, IMO.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A “Let’s start Gerald Everett” post by Merlin...

Rams43290November 20, 2017 08:26PM