Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The key to a Ram victory against AZ is in Sammy Watson

October 19, 2017 09:20AM
I feel the Rams have had great success in the earlier games because teams feared Sammy Watson taking the top off the defense, as the season has gone on not only have we not connected with Sammy deep but he is a last result as opposed to a top priority on the progressions.

I am very pleased with the progress the Rams have made offensively but I fear the more tape they get on us the more our patterns or tendancies show. The Rams are a very balanced team but the one thing you do not have to guard against in the first six games is the deep ball.

I London we are going against a mature version of us, Palmer does not have the arm to throw deep anymore, but he is great at the short and intermediate routes and the fact that he is throwing to Larry Fitzgerald, who I feel is alway open, is a huge factor. AP is new to AZ but not us, we have never fared well against him, and the fact he had to beg to get on a team this year does not work in our favor.

I feel this is going to be a high scoring game, if we incorporate Sammy Watkins deep it will open up everything for us and then we too have an offense that you can not stop. Otherwise the last two games have been harder to score points on, true we went against two of the top defenses in the league but the way they played us is what scared me. Seattle basically put Sherman on Watkins man to man and played 10 against 9 (QB does not count) they did not bite on the bootlegs or crossing patterns and they are squatting in zones. Jacksonville did not respect our deep ball either.

AZ strength on D is their backfield and if they have to use two to cover Sammy it will be a long game for them. If we do not connect with Sammy or stretch the field it will be a long day for us.

thoughts?
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

The key to a Ram victory against AZ is in Sammy Watson

Los Angeles Lenny597October 19, 2017 09:20AM

you mean Sammy Watkins

Rampage2K-210October 19, 2017 09:25AM

Thanks bro (always there for the assist)

Los Angeles Lenny191October 19, 2017 09:27AM

Re: Thanks bro (always there for the assist)

Ohiorams224October 19, 2017 09:42AM

I see it as we need a huge day from our defense and Gurley

GreatRamNTheSky181October 19, 2017 09:59AM

Ozzie Newsome clone

Los Angeles Lenny168October 19, 2017 11:32AM

Did you mean Randy Watson? (nm)

BigGame81278October 19, 2017 10:15AM

Joe the Policeman from the "What's goin' down" episode of That's My Mama?

RamFanEsq750October 19, 2017 10:35AM

Tony Watson LHP Dodgers

Los Angeles Lenny193October 19, 2017 11:44AM

Sammy should be the first or second option on every play he is a game changer

Los Angeles Lenny157October 21, 2017 08:41AM

He is Amari Cooper with hands and we do not target him at all

Los Angeles Lenny169October 21, 2017 09:11AM